• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

<UPDATE>My moms TAG bit off her parakeets beak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Im sorry i havent been able to get on. I am working 2 jobs so it seems between 9am-9pm im at one of them =( That update Miriam posted was from my dad. Im not sure where they took her, but that is what the vet told him. So i guess we are taking it day by day and seeing how she adjusts. I feel so bad =( My parents are about 35 minutes away..so i have not been able to drive down there just yet. My dad was supposed to send me a picture tonight, still waiting on it. Im just relieved i was able to get him to take her. Why they waited so long is beyond me. I also posted everyones response from here saying take her to a vet..im pretty sure that helped as well.

Thank you guys so much for your thoughts. For right now they are taking care of her. I already told him if they cannot do it for any reason or just dont want to, i will be taking her. Id love to take her now, but it doesnt seem like my mom wants to give her up just yet. =( Something tells me in time tho, she will be back here. Which id rather have tbh.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
parakeets are birds too! glad they came to their senses and are treating her. :hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so relieved they finally took her . I hope the vet was knowledgeable.
And I hope the sweet baby ends up back with you.
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Poor baby. Please keep us posted. Lots of prayers.

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
parakeets are birds too! glad they came to their senses and are treating her. :hug8:
Thank you!! I totally agree. You know, it makes you think, they wouldnt have thought twice about bringing their TAG in if something like this happened to her instead..you know? But anyhow, im glad they finally listened to me instead of just blowing me off like they usually do. I think he knew if they didnt take her, i was going to do it myself, even if it meant driving over at midnight!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so sorry it's not a better prognosis. Poor little bird. I hope she survives and adjusts well.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope the little one pulls through.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
many healing thoughts on the way..glad they finally took her to the vet..

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I know surgeries are dangerous on small birds. With little Kiwi, I could have had a surgery done to try to remove the growth, but she was honest with how risky it was. I couldn't bear to think of losing her on the table like that...I chose to try other treatments.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Jan, any update? Many, many prayers for Sky that she get's the care she needs and the right decisions to help her.

Ginger

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Re: My moms TAG bit off her parakeets beak

Jan, take her back. PLEASE take her back and take her to a certified avian vet, not some hack claiming to be a vet who would simply advise on an EMERGENCY matter over the phone. That little keet needs a vet and you need your respect for your parents, which will evaporate if this little bird dies of shock.
Its true, any vet willing to advise aspirin in the water and neosporin without ever having seen the extent of the emergency is an idiot!!! The vets I work with would never in a million years suggest that, and would HIGHLY recommend a visit.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It may still not be too late to re-attach that beak if the tissue is viable and bleeding...please call Dr. Driggers. He does ortho pedic care for Liberty wildlide and volunteers his services for the Oasis sanctuary. He will know what to do, whatever it is.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Just checking for an update...praying for Sky!

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
hey guys, sorry ive been trying to get on as much as i can. I talked to my dad today and he says so far all remains the same. Altho she is trying to drink water (he claims shes able to) so i guess thats a good sign right? He says my mom is handfeeding her as of right now. I will update if anything changes. Im hoping to get a picture, but i think they are trying not to handle her as much to let her rest.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Thanks for the update....hope all continues to go well.:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Jan I know this is tough on you, but please make sure she's not suffering and starving. Are they monitoring her weight?

Ginger

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Ginger i honestly dont know =( Being that i dont talk to my mom, i only get updates from my dad and brother. I think my dad is starting to get sick of me constantly asking because he tends to just..not answer :( He said he would let me know if anything changes though.

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
My brother just texted me. He says that shes doing good. She is drinking, and my parents are handfeeding her. She is active, shes still running along the floor and flying around..he just said she sleeps a little more than usual but thats expected. He says that to him it looks like the bottom beak grew (i think he just didnt see it with all the blood) but he says there is more there than he thought. Still trying to get a picture from him =/

Status
Not open for further replies.