• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(UPDATE Better Pictures) Please look, injured Duclaw Pictures Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Poor Dirk and poor Danita. Neither one of you need this. Your vet will be able to fix it without a problem, but Petsmart needs a swift kick.
ML

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Poor Dirk and poor Danita. Neither one of you need this. Your vet will be able to fix it without a problem, but Petsmart needs a swift kick.
ML
agreed

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Oh Danita, I am so sorry for you and poor Dirk.:(:(:( I hope it doesn't hurt him too much.:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
The vet will take care of it quickly and if they sedate him they have drugs that are safe for our old babies. He'll feel so much better with it gone. Hang in there:) :hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
:hug8::hug8:hun will he let you make a suck out of him my st benard when his dewclaws were removed i was able to put a kotex as a pad on it and cover it with a sox he had double on 1 tripplel on the other
was thinking pad it if you can tap a sox over it just so it dosent get cought on anything and rip open more just a sugestion
hugsssssssssss:hug8::hug8:

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
awww poor baby...
Hope everyhing goes fine
:hug8: for you and Dirk

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Danita, it looks like they started to clipp and realized it was too short and stopped. I am a dog groomer. I would complain and make them pay the vet bill. The vet may give him a very low dose sedative and just clip it off and cauterize it. He should do fine with the sedative. Poor Dirk!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Okay, he went to the vet.
He just trembles when he is there. You know the saying, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall", that applies to Dirk.
The vet just snipped it, while I held him. Wasn't as bad as I thought, he didn't charge me, seeing as we were there on Saturday to find out why his nose is suddenly pink. hahaha I am a bit neurotic when it comes to their health :rolleyes:
Thank you for your concern :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Me thinks that Danita's animals have her number.

Dirk is really looking good.

ML

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe, that is good Danita....Roxi hates the vet too...climbs in my lap shaking the whole time and she is a large dog!

So what did they say about his nose?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Okay, he went to the vet.
He just trembles when he is there. You know the saying, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall", that applies to Dirk.
The vet just snipped it, while I held him. Wasn't as bad as I thought, he didn't charge me, seeing as we were there on Saturday to find out why his nose is suddenly pink. hahaha I am a bit neurotic when it comes to their health :rolleyes:
Thank you for your concern :)

Yay, that is so excellent. I thought that is what they would do. I'm glad that he is ok now. I have to tell you (as a dog trainer and behavior consultant) it is wonderful to hear how you talk about Dirk. Many people think that dogs don't have a right to be fearful or afraid or sometimes just that BIG dogs don't have a right to ever be fearful or afraid. When, of course, any of us can:)

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Yay, that is so excellent. I thought that is what they would do. I'm glad that he is ok now. I have to tell you (as a dog trainer and behavior consultant) it is wonderful to hear how you talk about Dirk. Many people think that dogs don't have a right to be fearful or afraid or sometimes just that BIG dogs don't have a right to ever be fearful or afraid. When, of course, any of us can:)
THat is so true...when we travel to Maine...a 8 hour drive...Roxi is in my lap in the car the whole time...she hates car rides but finds comfort with me holding her.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Awe, that is good Danita....Roxi hates the vet too...climbs in my lap shaking the whole time and she is a large dog!

So what did they say about his nose?
Poor Roxi :(

Well the nose, he lost the pigment, that is it :rolleyes:
He looked into it more yesterday and called me, then confirmed that it was just aging.
I was being a pet-o-chondriac and thought I felt swelling in his neck. Nothing there :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I never heard of dogs being afraid of cars Leslie, weird!!!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I never heard of dogs being afraid of cars Leslie, weird!!!
I am glad Dirk's nose checked out ok...I over worry too.

Roxi is a weird dog...:o: She is afraid of my cough...nail clippers...aluminum foil...vacuum cleaners...the list goes on!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Nail clippers!!??!?!?

Dirk is afraid of anything over his head that moves mysteriously.
Balloons, shadows, flags, birds throwing things, rafters, cords, although, now that his eyesight has deteriorated he can't see that stuff so well.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe poor Dirk...Coco can't see too well either.

Yes, nail clippers! If I even go for the drawer by my bed that they are kept in, she takes off running downstairs!

And the whole time I have been sick, she has been looking at me like I'm the boogyman!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
ahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.