• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

unwanting breeding

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Hello my nan has 4 green linnies 3 males and 1 female the female is making a nest out of news paper on the floor on the corner of the cage and one egg was laid 3 weeks ago i have them to stay for a few days and she warned me there could be another one soon. My nan wonders if it is safe to leave an egg for her to sit on and how safe will the baby be with the other males or how do you stop them mating if my nan takes the female out the cage they all go mental because they are all attatched

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
First of all you cannot stop birds from breeding unless you have same sexes together permeately. Is your nan planning on letting these eggs hatch? Since her knowledge of breeding and raising chicks is limited I suggest you substitute the eggs for dummy ones or put the eggs in the freezer so they will not be fertile but the bird can sit on the eggs. One usually plans for these things ahead of time so there are no surprises.

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
She wasnt planning on breeding no and thank you we will get dummy eggs shes old and she didnt know what she was getting her self in for getting these birds these men who gave them to her took the piss out of her