• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Untamed older tiel- progress

lesliekiki

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leslie
Hi Everyone.
I am very excited to report Kiki has made a little progress. ( Just a reminder I found him in Sept and he was not tame.). He is now eating out of my open hand. And yesterday he just started to rest one foot on my finger when I offer him a Nutri berry!!!! Yea! (Thank you to the person who mentioned those a couple weeks ago!) This all takes place at the open door of his cage. He doesn't come out but hangs there. I've also put a perch outside of his open door and he now comes out and hangs on that. Its a perch stuffed with shredded colored paper and twine. He is having fun with it and not getting hormonal weird with it!

i've also been holding a little coffee scooper filled with seed. I hold my index finger just above it. So he has to rub the top of his head against my finger if he wants to eat it. Even though he seems nervous he must like it because he has plenty of the same seed in his cup. Plus his pellets cup. Major break through this week!!!!

Thanks for Listening:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wonderful news! :bounce7:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road