• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unfortunatly it's time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I have no choice but to rehome Leo, Banjo and Boomer. If anyone lives in northern BC then feel free to message me but until then off to kijiji I go. I'd rather them go to someone here though because at least I know for sure they'll be safe. Leo's a LoveBird, Boomers a Cockatiel and banjo's a budgie.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can find them great new homes!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you need to rehome them. Hope you find wonderful new homes for them. Do they need to stay together?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Could you provide a little more info on your fids, about them and why you're rehoming? You don't have to go into great detail but give any potential adopters an idea why. You're moving, can't take them with you. You/OH have developed severe allergies. It will help anyone reading this understand.

I don't know what birds you have so anything about them/their personalities/likes/dislikes may help them find a home on AA. And I'm sorry you're facing rehoming, it is never an easy thing to do.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Could you provide a little more info on your fids, about them and why you're rehoming? You don't have to go into great detail but give any potential adopters an idea why. You're moving, can't take them with you. You/OH have developed severe allergies. It will help anyone reading this understand.

I don't know what birds you have so anything about them/their personalities/likes/dislikes may help them find a home on AA. And I'm sorry you're facing rehoming, it is never an easy thing to do.
Banjo (the Budgie) is a bit skiddish but has taken a liking to Leo, Boomer (cockatiel) gets very cranky and doesnt like to be around anyone. He will nip if you take him out of his cage but he will go out on his own. I got Leo at a pet store so He's very truamatized and will not be around people. I do not have high hopes for anyone wanting to take Leo as he's not very friendly.

They don't have any health problems, I need to rehome them due to an allergy I've developed.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
So sorry that you need to rehome them. Hope you find wonderful new homes for them. Do they need to stay together?
I got Boomer And Banjo together but boomer doesnt really like anyone. It would be best if Banjo and Leo went together I think.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'm sorry that you've developed allergies and I hope you feel better. Hopefully someone on AA could give your fids a soft place to land.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry you have to rehome them.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I'm so sorry you have to rehome them.
no need to apologize. it's out of my control. I'm having a hard time getting people interested though, and it is starting to become a problem.
+

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Does this mean you can no longer have any birds? Thats really tough for you.

Bulldogs&Birds

Meeting neighbors
If no one wants to take them, you could take them to an avian rescue as a last resort. Sorry about your allergies.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
While you're waiting to find the perfect home for your babies, just wondering if you're using an air purifier to help make you feel more comfortable.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Depending on where you live it isn't that easy to find an avian only, or even one that takes avians, rescue. They aren't that easy to find around the Chicago area.

:bump8:

Even those throw away paper masks will help a little.

Last edited:

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
While you're waiting to find the perfect home for your babies, just wondering if you're using an air purifier to help make you feel more comfortable.
No, my roommates been taking care of them but had made it clear it’s it permanent. I haven’t had any contact with them in about a week but they sound happy.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Depending on where you live it isn't that easy to find an avian only, or even one that takes avians, rescue. They aren't that easy to find around the Chicago area.

:bump8:

Even those throw away paper masks will help a little.
I’m not seeing anything in my town or area that will take them. Real unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.