• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Underwater adventure Bonaire

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
We had the pleasure of snorkeling in the beautiful underwater world of Bonaire. We had a photographer with us and his pictures are stunning. The reefs around Bonaire are a protected Marine reserve and are very healthy.

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Sea horse. It is amazing how flexible these little guys are

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow! I was thinking the same as soon I I saw the turtle photo.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I've never been that far South in the Caribbean, but have dived Cozumel, Belize and all three Cayman Islands. Of those Belize was the best. I have gillions of pictures from all except Cozumel when my underwater camera drowned.

It's pretty amazing diving in the Caribbean and no wet suits - the water is so warm.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I've never been that far South in the Caribbean, but have dived Cozumel, Belize and all three Cayman Islands. Of those Belize was the best. I have gillions of pictures from all except Cozumel when my underwater camera drowned.

It's pretty amazing diving in the Caribbean and no wet suits - the water is so warm.

I knew you would like these pics ML :) We have had the pleasure of snorkeling our way around the Caribbean. Cozumel was the first place we ever snorkeled and it got us hooked on it. Nothing quite like the underwater world. We have 2 underwater cameras but nothing like the photog had. We have snorkeked in Belize and loved it there especially all of the nurse sharks and sting rays, Honduras, Cozumel, Akmul Mexico which I thought was spectacular for the huge green sea turtles. Playa Del Carmen, Bahamas, St Thomas, St Croix, St Lucia, Antigua, Martinique and I'm sure a few islands I have missed. None of them come close to Bonaire. We have friends that dive and stay in Bonaire for 6 weeks every winter they like it so much. My bucket list is the South Pacific and one day I will make it there when we retire.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Why don't you and hubby learn to dive - deeper is where the good stuff is?

You've been to far more islands than I have. Although I forgot Honduras. My very favorite diving was the Sea of Cortez. There is a reason it is called "The Fish Bowl".

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I knew you would like these pics ML :) We have had the pleasure of snorkeling our way around the Caribbean. Cozumel was the first place we ever snorkeled and it got us hooked on it. Nothing quite like the underwater world. We have 2 underwater cameras but nothing like the photog had. We have snorkeked in Belize and loved it there especially all of the nurse sharks and sting rays, Honduras, Cozumel, Akmul Mexico which I thought was spectacular for the huge green sea turtles. Playa Del Carmen, Bahamas, St Thomas, St Croix, St Lucia, Antigua, Martinique and I'm sure a few islands I have missed. None of them come close to Bonaire. We have friends that dive and stay in Bonaire for 6 weeks every winter they like it so much. My bucket list is the South Pacific and one day I will make it there when we retire.

What a very lucky person you are to have seen and enjoyed all these places. Thank you for sharing the photos.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What an amazing trip!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:wow:What beautiful pictures, and what a great experience!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Beautiful pictures. My husband has dived with sharks. He'd be drooling over these.

I just do a mean dog paddle stroke that kept me from drowning on float trips on the river. No way am I diving. I've been told you have to remain calm. Just one glimpse into eyes or teeth or an animal resembling a snake and I'm history.

I'll sit on the beach and watch the waves roll in and be totally, blissfully happy. I love the ocean.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Beautiful pictures. My husband has dived with sharks. He'd be drooling over these.

I just do a mean dog paddle stroke that kept me from drowning on float trips on the river. No way am I diving. I've been told you have to remain calm. Just one glimpse into eyes or teeth or an animal resembling a snake and I'm history.

I'll sit on the beach and watch the waves roll in and be totally, blissfully happy. I love the ocean.
My husband loved swimming with the nurse sharks and stingrays. I liked the stingrays but the nurse sharks ramming into my legs freaked me out ;)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Why don't you and hubby learn to dive - deeper is where the good stuff is?

You've been to far more islands than I have. Although I forgot Honduras. My very favorite diving was the Sea of Cortez. There is a reason it is called "The Fish Bowl".

my husband wants to learn but I'm too chicken. I like my head where I can pop out of the water

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Shucks you can learn. Hundreds of thousands of people have learned to dive. I did and I had a little claustrophobia.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful pics :D

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those photos were amazing! I'm in love with seahorses :faint:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How wonderful to see beauty like that in person!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
my husband wants to learn but I'm too chicken. I like my head where I can pop out of the water
I'll sit on the beach with you!

Shucks you can learn. Hundreds of thousands of people have learned to dive. I did and I had a little claustrophobia.
I have a LOT of claustrophobia. Went through the burning house training during a citizen fire academy with hubby though. It was a buddy system there too and if I came out, he'd have to come out and he was so excited...... the things we do for love. I had two firemen with me when the gear came off (they checked my vitals). Hubby's vitals were lower than when he went in.

We've been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten during a cruise. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I'll sit on the beach with you!

We've been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten during a cruise. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Love both of those ports. We like to cruise and try to go at least once a year. Wish it was more :p