• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unbonded gcc #3 agression to gcc#2 after 6 years

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Koi and Jak have always been together, and it seems that a month before Idris turned 7, she decides that most of the time - Koi has to go.

Koi has been spending more time with me and on the guinea pig pen since Idris got a little psycho. Even if Idris gets some chill time in the cage, Koi comes to find me because Idris bites her toes. Today all three were out and Idris grabbed Koi's tail again. I took Koi to the kitchen with me at that moment, and listened to Koi huff and puff through her nares, while calming down on my shoulder.

Is it imperative at this point that Idris needs a mate?

I don't know if this is a phase, or if they'll end up injured, or that she needs a home with her own bird.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
I'm fairly convinced Idris is trying to take Jak.

Koi is on the pig pen, I just get done hanging out with Idris for twenty minutes, cat gets involved...
Idris is now sitting next to Jak, backs right into her and puts her butt up on her, starts bobbing her head and tapping her beak in front of her... wouldn't get her butt off her for a full minute.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hormones are running rampant at the moment. If they share a cage, time for separate spaces. Switch up everything you can, spaces, places and toys. Idris has chosen Jak so I don’t think a mate for her would help the situation. Ah who is cat? Hopefully not a cat? That isn’t safe. Once you get past the hormones, you may be able to reintroduce.

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Often a cat will come up to sit on the sofa, and Idris attacks them.
I have them separated. It's not easy, they're loud, and I'm sick. Everyone has to have supervision. We don't have the space or the resources. Idris is in the travel cage. Even if she settles down at a later time, Koi Monkey is terrified of her.
Idris is just as happy to spend time with me as she wanted to spend time alone with Jak. She doesn't ask me to go see Jak; she just wants to bond.