• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unapproved Vendor's Dailies

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I really like the Better Bites because of the ingredients (no corn, no soy), and that she uses sprouted grains and almond/quinoa/buckwheat flour as the base. I don't see any added salt in the ingredients. This is just a part of my fids daily diet. I know that they've recently had a big move to a larger facility. I've been waiting on orders from July...(I emailed them in the middle of August) they finally shipped out last week (I'll get them on Tuesday). It doesn't hurt to email them to check on your order status...sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm sorry that Sergei is sick (I hope Sergei feels better soon), and that AA birds have died from eating it....necropsy confirms this? Maybe some food sensitivities have been revealed in those birds? My 2 cents....
Not ALL ingredients are listed on the labels. Sergei started improving when I quit serving that food. Salt is detrimental to a birds health. Damages their liver and kidneys.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Sorry but it is a bunch of bs that she is still not shipping orders from weeks ago. She is shipping orders placed now. The excuse that she moved is long gone and she is just scamming people. She only ships those old orders if you say something.

Such a poor business practice that I am surprised and shocked that people are still sticking up for her

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It seems her vocal fans on FB get their products in 1-2 weeks :( If you are a normal customer, you wait 1-3 months

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
After thinking about it, I think I am going to just write this off and chalk it up to experience. I will be much more careful in the future.

Even if I do eventually get my order, it will go directly into the dumpster. I don't trust people who would lie to me on the phone on multiple occasions to provide food for my bird.
Craig... REALLY? She loves people like you that give up and allow her to disrespect a customer who paid good money in the faith of receiving a product. On top of that, you've contacted her twice! False promises ( a she has several customers) and including promises of extra goodies ( it's a hanger to keep you waiting just as she has promised many others including myself on my very first order of chops and didn't get "extra goodies" for the long wait.) Have you even seen her criminal record? She is a pro at conning people and knows how to manipulate because she has years of experience SCHMOOZING to keep you hanging on..... all the while she is sending products on newer orders to customers and IGNORING your order. This is EXACTLY why I wrote her and cancelled my order after waiting 6 weeks for my 6-30-19 order + my 7-7-19 order. I got an immediate response from her saying she was sorry to hear that and also that she had my order ready to ship on Monday ( my email conversation cancelling my order was SAturday). I called my credit card company just before I sent her that email and opened a dispute for not receiving my products. The CC company told me I had to contact the seller as a part of the dispute... which I did. YOU have already contacted her twice. That's enough. Send her an email reply off of the order confirmation you received for your order and tell her you are cancelling your order and that you expect a full refund PROMPTLY. Tell her you are upset with the length of time, the deceit on shipping and NOT to send those orders... send a refund!!!!! If she replies and says she has your order ready to ship write back and say " I WANT A REFUND... DO NOT SHIP ANY PRODUCTS". That's that... you need no other communication.... call your credit card company phone number on the back of your card, follow the prompts and go to dispute. This is exactly what I did and I've received my refund. Let the bank handle it. ........ Oh... that refund was issued the 16th.... she actually sent a shipping notice 8-22.... Those boxes arrived two days later and were left on my porch by the mail carrier. I called her site number and spoke to her telling her the order was cancelled, refunded and why did the orders ship? Lengthy conversation where she tried to talk me into keeping the boxes as free products but I declined and told her I would be sending them back. She ALSO tried to convince me it would cost me to send them back. IT DOES NOT... as long as you do not open the boxes you can take them back to the post office and refuse them... get a receipt of REFUSAL. She is slick.... she knows she can dispute your CC refund within 30 days.... if I had kept those boxes per her request she would have done exactly that even though she said she wouldn't.

She is a master manipulator. You may wish to chalk it up to experience but honestly.... you are putting good money in the pocket of a thief and actually.... she is using your money to fund her business.... heck... she probably had a nice lunch on your dollar. Request a refund from this dirtbag user.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really like the Better Bites because of the ingredients (no corn, no soy), and that she uses sprouted grains and almond/quinoa/buckwheat flour as the base. I don't see any added salt in the ingredients. This is just a part of my fids daily diet. I know that they've recently had a big move to a larger facility. I've been waiting on orders from July...(I emailed them in the middle of August) they finally shipped out last week (I'll get them on Tuesday). It doesn't hurt to email them to check on your order status...sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm sorry that Sergei is sick (I hope Sergei feels better soon), and that AA birds have died from eating it....necropsy confirms this? Maybe some food sensitivities have been revealed in those birds? My 2 cents....
Unfortunately the ingredients listed don't seem to match what's actually in the products. She claimed to be using pasta wheels that were actually a highly processed frying product containing salt.

People have had their birds' blood chemistry tested and compared results to those from before the vendor's food was introduced to the diet. Levels are all over the place. While there are species who are sparticularly sensitive to diet, this has affected everything from Amazons to budgies.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
My bird got sick from her so-called "food" too, and he will likely live with liver problems at some level for the rest of his life. Please don't let her get away with this. Take it up with paypal, your CC company, whoever is relevant and will listen. She is operating on the assumption that you will say "oh well", and just move on. She will keep doing this as long as she can get away with it.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
It seems her vocal fans on FB get their products in 1-2 weeks :( If you are a normal customer, you wait 1-3 months
Yeah, I'm approaching the two month mark on another order.

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.56.11 PM.png

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
WOW....Hard to get a handle on it but I did spend a few hours just reading the problems & her responses...Manipulator...that about sums it up...SAD she has brainwashed one whom we all looked up to as one of us who took care of our birds like family!!! To think one who was one of us has fallen under her spell & I am sorry for all the birds that have to pay for it by being turned on to her druggie junkies...high on sugar. fat & salt...deceiving those who GAVE UP THERE HARD EARNED MONEY & SACRIFICED TO TRY TO GIVE THEIR BIRDS the best only to be scammed & subjecting our bird family to the drug lord of the avian world...SHAME!!!!

Guess she'll have to move again & set up a new shop. No ingredients, no independent lab testing not to mention deceptive advertising...
Get a petition
Go for the license...Demand they investigate.
Its about safety now not the buck...

I could feed my birds Doritos if I wanted too...They sell a huge bag at Walmart for $3....

Shame shame shame...

Last edited:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
After thinking about it, I think I am going to just write this off and chalk it up to experience. I will be much more careful in the future.

Even if I do eventually get my order, it will go directly into the dumpster. I don't trust people who would lie to me on the phone on multiple occasions to provide food for my bird.
I would ask the vendor to cancel and efinitely refund. If the they don't then call the cc company and tell them you ordered something and never received it and that you can't get them to respond. At least with my bank there just credit the account right away almost no questions. If you get the package then refuse it and it will go back.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@suileeka
I told my bank attached to my CC that it had been -xx- many days since I ordered it & that it's way over due. Now, my friends are getting moldy food & sick birds. That I don't want it anymore.

They called P. Pal they took care of it all & I got a full refund. I assume someone called or emailed her but it wasn't me & I never saw or heard about a pkg. I even re-called to make sure I didn't need to call P. Pal & they said nope, we're taking care of it.

Now filing w/ a debit card may not have the protection but you should try to call the bank if you went this payment method, the Cust. Serv. Rep. should be able to tell you your rights & if you're able to dispute it based on your complaints.

Finally, P. Pal gives you a bit of a run around, based on things others have written in the Ven. Etiq. thread. However my guess is that they (banks) now have plenty in their records regarding this vendor & the displeasure so many have filed w/ them. You might get lucky.

My offer still stands if you need more help, info. & even a shoulder... PM me if you need me. :hug8:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The only reason PayPal gives a run around is because she often marks the order shipped as soon as a dispute is opened. They have the give the seller time to respond and rectify the issue as sadly there are just as many scammer customers out there as there are sellers (maybe more). If they immediately refunded every dispute then they'd lose seller confidence.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
The only reason PayPal gives a run around is because she often marks the order shipped as soon as a dispute is opened. They have the give the seller time to respond and rectify the issue as sadly there are just as many scammer customers out there as there are sellers (maybe more). If they immediately refunded every dispute then they'd lose seller confidence.
Off topic...LOVE your new avatar!!! Way cute!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For anyone looking for alternative foods, I have personally used the following at one time or another. If your bird has never eaten their veggies, etc, before, and they started eating They-Who-Can't-Be-Named, awesome! But don't think that is the only thing they will eat! You may be surprised to learn they like something else just as good or more.

Dehydrated, Freeze Dried, Breads, Mashes, some baked, and more (Avian Organics The Largest Selection of Organic Parrot and Bird Food Online Bird Bread, Bird Mashes, Cage Blends, Bird Treats

or

Things for Wings Canada's Online Bird Supply Store for Organic Parrot Food, Pet Bird Supplies, and More!

Freeze Dried (Bodacious Birdie Bites

Dehydrated, a few baked things: Christine's Chop Shop

Freeze Dried, including some treats: Texas Natural Freeze Dried Products

Alternative Food Mixes: Phoenix Foraging Rolls Healthy and Nutritious Food for Your Parrot - Parrot Food, Parrot Snacks

I've never used this one but have heard good things

Cage Mixes: Avian Naturals

As for Better Bites alternatives, there isn't a true comparison. Some suggestions:

Caitec Oven Fresh Bites (corn, coy free): Oven Fresh Bites | Caitec Corporation

FM Brown's Tropical Carnival® ZOO-VITAL (Corn, Soy, and Peanut Free): ZOO-VITAL® Extruded Daily Diets - Brands - Pet Birds - Products | F.M. Brown's

Hagen Tropican Alternative Formula (corn, soy free): 80556 - Tropican Alternative Formula for Parrots - 9.07 kg (20 lb)

Goldenfeast Goldn'obles (corn and peanut free, contains soy, not vitamin enriched): Goldenfeast Direct

TOP's Parrot Pellets (corn, peanut, and soy free, not vitamin enriched): TOP's Parrot Food Products

Avian Organics "Minis" Baked Treats (corn, peanut, and soy free, not vitamin enriched): Organic Freshly Baked Parrot and Bird Treats, Cookies and Crackers from Avian Organics at Things for Wings

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
For anyone looking for alternative foods, I have personally used the following at one time or another. If your bird has never eaten their veggies, etc, before, and they started eating They-Who-Can't-Be-Named, awesome! But don't think that is the only thing they will eat! You may be surprised to learn they like something else just as good or more.

Dehydrated, Freeze Dried, Breads, Mashes, some baked, and more (Avian Organics The Largest Selection of Organic Parrot and Bird Food Online Bird Bread, Bird Mashes, Cage Blends, Bird Treats

or

Things for Wings Canada's Online Bird Supply Store for Organic Parrot Food, Pet Bird Supplies, and More!

Freeze Dried (Bodacious Birdie Bites

Dehydrated, a few baked things: Christine's Chop Shop

Freeze Dried, including some treats: Texas Natural Freeze Dried Products

Alternative Food Mixes: Phoenix Foraging Rolls Healthy and Nutritious Food for Your Parrot - Parrot Food, Parrot Snacks

I've never used this one but have heard good things

Cage Mixes: Avian Naturals

As for Better Bites alternatives, there isn't a true comparison. Some suggestions:

Caitec Oven Fresh Bites (corn, coy free): Oven Fresh Bites | Caitec Corporation

FM Brown's Tropical Carnival® ZOO-VITAL (Corn, Soy, and Peanut Free): ZOO-VITAL® Extruded Daily Diets - Brands - Pet Birds - Products | F.M. Brown's

Hagen Tropican Alternative Formula (corn, soy free): 80556 - Tropican Alternative Formula for Parrots - 9.07 kg (20 lb)

Goldenfeast Goldn'obles (corn and peanut free, contains soy, not vitamin enriched): Goldenfeast Direct

TOP's Parrot Pellets (corn, peanut, and soy free, not vitamin enriched): TOP's Parrot Food Products

Avian Organics "Minis" Baked Treats (corn, peanut, and soy free, not vitamin enriched): Organic Freshly Baked Parrot and Bird Treats, Cookies and Crackers from Avian Organics at Things for Wings
thanks Shawna! I ordered some goodies from Kazoo and just placed an order for a bunch of Danita's freeze dried foods. I'm not a morning person at all! Cup of caffeine is about all I can manage. So I like to use the easy "mixes" at the crack of dawn for the impatient babies breakfasts. Plus it starts their day with something warm in their tummies!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Great...never tried browns looks like intune...
They like hagen lifetime...never knew about the alternative & looks great but hard to find

So do the birds like the browns tropical zoo vital??? It has sugar but so does in tune...intune has more corn too... like to try it

Last edited:

Sirius

Moving in
Real Name
Barbara
Please, please do not give in. I had one refused order and one that never shipped from July. I have emails where i tried to cancel both and it took me a month but I received both refunds. There is no real Confrontation. Email her and state you would like to cancel. She will be very nice and try to change your mind. Be firm and clarify again to cancel She will then ignore you. File your claims. Please dont let her get away with this. Do it for your birds.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Please, please do not give in. I had one refused order and one that never shipped from July. I have emails where i tried to cancel both and it took me a month but I received both refunds. There is no real Confrontation. Email her and state you would like to cancel. She will be very nice and try to change your mind. Be firm and clarify again to cancel She will then ignore you. File your claims. Please dont let her get away with this. Do it for your birds.
OK, you talked me into it. Last night I logged into PayPal and filed a dispute. Apparently, the first step in the process is to send the text of my dispute directly to the vendor. I explained that I want a full refund and that I will not accept delivery.

I got a notice earlier today that my order has shipped. Ugh.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
OK, you talked me into it. Last night I logged into PayPal and filed a dispute. Apparently, the first step in the process is to send the text of my dispute directly to the vendor. I explained that I want a full refund and that I will not accept delivery.

I got a notice earlier today that my order has shipped. Ugh.

Refuse the package when it arrives, she's notorious for doing this.