• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unapproved Vendor's Dailies

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I ordered a bag of chop from Unapproved Vendor's Dailies back in June and really loved the product. When I opened the bag, there was a wonderful aroma and the quality seemed very good and fresh. Also, my green cheek conure actually ate some of it, gobbling down some of the items that she liked. I was so excited by this (because she is a VERY picky eater) that I placed another $50 order in July.

However, that order still has not shipped. I am concerned now because my credit card was charged the day that I placed the order, so I am apparently out $50.

I called a few weeks ago and the woman who answered that phone seemed very nice and told me that they had just finished packing it up and that it would ship the next day. She apologized for the delay, attributing it to moving into a new facility, and said that they put a few extra treats into the box to compensate. But, a week later, my order still showed as "unfulfilled" on their website.

So, I called again on Tuesday of this past week and was given that same exact response - that they were in the process of packing up my order and that it would ship the next day. Oh, and they threw in some treats to make up for the delay. But, 5 days later and my order has not shipped.

The more I think about this, the angrier I become. How could they charge my credit card and then not ship my order? They must have been lying to me on the phone about my order shipping.

I am confused and angry. Has anyone else experienced this with Unapproved Vendor's? I am tempted to drive up to Chicago to get my money back!

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Yes! Tons of us have experienced this. My Sergei is sick because of that food. Salt, sugars, and fats in it are why birdies like is so much. Several AA birdies have even died from eating it. Just cancel the order and contact your credit card company ASAP.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Look at the post called Vendor Ettiquitte under The Marketplace. What you experienced is unfortunately common.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Don't feel like you are out your money. You usually have at least 3 months to file a claim; some cards up to a year. Contact her by email so you have a paper trail to show your credit card company, and if she still doesn't ship, then you can file a claim with them to get your money back.

Some people get their orders in 2 months, if you are a really vocal supporter of hers you usually get it faster, it seems. I'm a month into waiting for a Better Bites order myself :(

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Thank you, everyone, for the links to the other discussions. After what I read there, I don't think I will feed this product to my bird anymore. I will call the credit card company tomorrow and see if there is something they can do.

I feel bad for the vendor because it seems they are trying to build a quality product, but this is not the way to do it.

Thank you!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I ordered a bag of chop from Unapproved Vendor's Dailies back in June and really loved the product. When I opened the bag, there was a wonderful aroma and the quality seemed very good and fresh. Also, my green cheek conure actually ate some of it, gobbling down some of the items that she liked. I was so excited by this (because she is a VERY picky eater) that I placed another $50 order in July.

However, that order still has not shipped. I am concerned now because my credit card was charged the day that I placed the order, so I am apparently out $50.

I called a few weeks ago and the woman who answered that phone seemed very nice and told me that they had just finished packing it up and that it would ship the next day. She apologized for the delay, attributing it to moving into a new facility, and said that they put a few extra treats into the box to compensate. But, a week later, my order still showed as "unfulfilled" on their website.

So, I called again on Tuesday of this past week and was given that same exact response - that they were in the process of packing up my order and that it would ship the next day. Oh, and they threw in some treats to make up for the delay. But, 5 days later and my order has not shipped.

The more I think about this, the angrier I become. How could they charge my credit card and then not ship my order? They must have been lying to me on the phone about my order shipping.

I am confused and angry. Has anyone else experienced this with Unapproved Vendor's? I am tempted to drive up to Chicago to get my money back!

Yep....lots of us. Many of us experienced this from that vendor.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Because you paid by CC there are extra insurances (for lack of a better term). Have you called & filed yet?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Because you paid by CC there are extra insurances (for lack of a better term). Have you called & filed yet?
After thinking about it, I think I am going to just write this off and chalk it up to experience. I will be much more careful in the future.

Even if I do eventually get my order, it will go directly into the dumpster. I don't trust people who would lie to me on the phone on multiple occasions to provide food for my bird.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Just refuse the order and hand it back to the carrier. Then you can get your money back from the credit card company. My avian vet has notified hundreds of other avian vets across the country about the dangers of those products. She is using my Sergei's records as proof to back up her warnings.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After thinking about it, I think I am going to just write this off and chalk it up to experience. I will be much more careful in the future.

Even if I do eventually get my order, it will go directly into the dumpster. I don't trust people who would lie to me on the phone on multiple occasions to provide food for my bird.
She relies on those of us (and there are many, myself included) that do not like confrontation, to get away with what she's doing while she's taking our money to the bank.

I'm glad you'll be throwing it out but better yet, as suggested, send an email that you're cancelling due to non-delivery, contact your CC with the details and refuse the package if it does show up after the fact.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
I really like the Better Bites because of the ingredients (no corn, no soy), and that she uses sprouted grains and almond/quinoa/buckwheat flour as the base. I don't see any added salt in the ingredients. This is just a part of my fids daily diet. I know that they've recently had a big move to a larger facility. I've been waiting on orders from July...(I emailed them in the middle of August) they finally shipped out last week (I'll get them on Tuesday). It doesn't hurt to email them to check on your order status...sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm sorry that Sergei is sick (I hope Sergei feels better soon), and that AA birds have died from eating it....necropsy confirms this? Maybe some food sensitivities have been revealed in those birds? My 2 cents....

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

That's what I did...no use trying to send all my stuff back and request money back.
Chaulk it up as a bad decision.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't remain silent about this. I'm not a fan of confrontation either but all bets go out the window if my family is at stake, in this case, my animals. Whether she meant to do it or not, her response is clear as day that she doesn't give a d*mn about anyone or anything but money.