• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ultra bright Grow light

tyguy35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tyler
4D62D215-1692-487A-BE35-A1849D401180.jpeg 29575466-D20A-476C-BBD2-C715D8FBFDE1.jpeg hello, recently my house has gotten quite dark due to the poor oncoming winter weather and Zeus behaviour has gone down hill. He’s quite grumpy, we all are it’s cold out ha ha.

I added a grow light above his cage ten minutes ago and already during that ten minutes he’s doing flips on his branch and playing with all his toys and whistling away. Is the grow light safe to use? I’ll give you examples with and without the grow light. The dark one is with the window open.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
You and Zeus have my sympathy. I'm very intolerant of gray cloudy days and early sunsets. Put a high wattage bulb in daylight tone over my kitchen table that helps a little. I wouldn't think a grow light would hurt as long as it's not too hot. I don't think they have uv waves that could sunburn

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I would not use a grow light. Buy your bird a featherbrite lamp which is designed for birds. The grow light might damage your birds eyes. It’s designed for plants not birds.

tyguy35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tyler
I would not use a grow light. Buy your bird a featherbrite lamp which is designed for birds. The grow light might damage your birds eyes. It’s designed for plants not birds.
I kind of had a feeling. I will add a bird light.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What type of bulb, and what is the kelvin rating?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have had 3 featherbright bulbs that stopped working in just a few months of use. It was used in a featherbrite lamp for cage top. I got so frustrated I called the company and seller. They sent me out a new one right away. This person said "sometimes those bulbs lay around the warehouse a long time and are no good". So far this one that was sent directly to me is working. I wish there was a better bulb for full spectrum. The ones for plants are far too strong. Wattage should be at or below 20 and as far as I know the grow bulbs don't go that low. I don't know about LED's.