• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ugly macaw tail :/

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@htee That’s him now. We got him like that from a woman off craigslist. She claimed another macaw plucked him.

He snips his feathers off and throws them on the ground, thankfully he doesn’t mess with his chest feathers like other birds.

I think a dog attacked him in the last but who knows. I’m just guessing based off him screaming bloody murder when he saw one once. He’s been with us over 2 year and still no tail.

OMG Korbel & Maui HATE dogs. Screaming out the window like they are going to die! Frantic flying about the house, falling off perches.... Tiko & Cha are like.... "it's a dog, calm down".

That's not even a funny picture of Walter. The strut videos are the best!

htee

Meeting neighbors
@WallyLoopey Omg that is hilarious. I really hope mine dosnt start picking his feathers off. I do hope yours starts growing back its tails.. I can't believe its been 2 years and it still hasn't grown back. Shouldnt tail feathers grow back when they molt? Im sure they molt every year right?

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
They grow back but he snips what he can.

Thankfully it is snipping, just like cutting with a pair of scissors and not actually plucking them from the skin.

So he doesn’t cause himself pain... maybe he’s used to his no tail lifestyle.

LMAO.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think he looks cute with no tail, very unique look ;)

jennluna

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Faust looks like someone put his tail in the garbage disposal. He is so rough on his feathers. Hopefully he’ll be easier on them when he gets older.