• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video U2 owners is this normal?

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah

I've talked about this before. How Echo doesn't seem to have a large vocabulary when it comes to calls. He does talked and will talk up a storm using words and cockatoo gibberish. But this is his main call and doesn't it really vary all that much. To me it sounds like a distress call but I could be way off base. Echo uses this call no matter what his mood.

I'm just curious how normal is it? And how often your birds use it? @Macawnutz @JLcribber @melissasparrots and @cassiesdad Any thoughts? I do have more video clips if you want to hear more. Personally I find his call grating so you may not :lolsign: Oh and I really think the video does it justice too

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I don't own a cockatoo but I do spend a lot of time around them right now and out of the 5 I'm around, 3 will do the exact same VERY loud call! One is a baby and just finding her voice but man she is loud! She's got the crazy 'too sound down!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks for the answers :) Zane calls vary so much Echo seemed weird to me :lol:

I assumed the M2 sounded the same. The ones I have heard do. Maybe it's Zane that's weird? No? I've not spent a lot of time with M2.

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like a normal cockatoo to me. Although Ariel doesn't scream much. Come to think of it, I think its probably been a few weeks since she's had much to say.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I assumed the M2 sounded the same. The ones I have heard do. Maybe it's Zane that's weird? No? I've not spent a lot of time with M2.
M2s I've been around have more varied calls. I think Zane tops them all though. Lol You should hear the sounds that come out my boy! He had rooster one, a yup yup yup one, a whatcha doing one, ect... The weirdest one is the one is that sounds like a monkey!! That one is pretty rare and its been ages since I've heard it. I assume Zane is wild caught so maybe that explains all the different calls. And the monkey thing maybe the people who caught him also caught a monkey??? I don't know lol I have a feeling if Zane could talk he could tell some pretty wild stories :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sounds normal to me...we hear the same type of vocalizations from Milton...usually when he wants to sound off about nothing in particular. I like when he sounds off and turns to directly face you...as if you couldn't hear him otherwise....:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Ahhhh the cockatoo anthem. The song of my people. It's fabulous. :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just to let you all know...I played the video again this morning...Milton came running into the computer room, responding the SAME WAY to the video...:umbrella2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Just to let you all know...I played the video again this morning...Milton came running into the computer room, responding the SAME WAY to the video...:umbrella2:
That's too cute :xflove: Milton is such a character! You gotta love him :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That's too cute :xflove: Milton is such a character! You gotta love him :heart:
When he came into the room here, I picked him up, put him in my lap, and let him see Echo again...Milty was not a happy camper, to say the least! He began to sway and huff and puff at the computer...