1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video U2 owners is this normal?

Discussion in 'Cockatoo Causeway' started by Sarahmoluccan, 10/11/17.

1. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah

I've talked about this before. How Echo doesn't seem to have a large vocabulary when it comes to calls. He does talked and will talk up a storm using words and cockatoo gibberish. But this is his main call and doesn't it really vary all that much. To me it sounds like a distress call but I could be way off base. Echo uses this call no matter what his mood.

I'm just curious how normal is it? And how often your birds use it? @Macawnutz @JLcribber @melissasparrots and @cassiesdad Any thoughts? I do have more video clips if you want to hear more. Personally I find his call grating so you may not :lolsign: Oh and I really think the video does it justice too

2. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    OMG it sounds like I'm at work!

100% normal! Gotta love that constant crab!

3. Fritzgerald16

Fritzgerald16 Sprinting down the street

Jenelle
    I don't own a cockatoo but I do spend a lot of time around them right now and out of the 5 I'm around, 3 will do the exact same VERY loud call! One is a baby and just finding her voice but man she is loud! She's got the crazy 'too sound down!

4. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah
    Is it weird that this is the call he does thou?

5. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    My husband heard it across the room, he said "who has the annoying umbrella"!

DQTimnehs, sunnysmom, Lwalker and 5 others like this.
  6. Sarahmoluccan

Sarah
    :rofl: That's too funny

sunnysmom, Familyof12 and Macawnutz like this.
  7. Macawnutz

Sarah

Nope, they use it for everything. I want, I don't want.. I'm upset, I'm happy...

8. Sarahmoluccan

Sarah
    Thanks for the answers :) Zane calls vary so much Echo seemed weird to me :lol:

sunnysmom, Familyof12 and Macawnutz like this.
  9. Macawnutz

Sarah

I assumed the M2 sounded the same. The ones I have heard do. Maybe it's Zane that's weird? No? I've not spent a lot of time with M2.

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
  10. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sounds like a normal cockatoo to me. Although Ariel doesn't scream much. Come to think of it, I think its probably been a few weeks since she's had much to say.

Macawnutz and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  11. Sarahmoluccan

Sarah
    M2s I've been around have more varied calls. I think Zane tops them all though. Lol You should hear the sounds that come out my boy! He had rooster one, a yup yup yup one, a whatcha doing one, ect... The weirdest one is the one is that sounds like a monkey!! That one is pretty rare and its been ages since I've heard it. I assume Zane is wild caught so maybe that explains all the different calls. And the monkey thing maybe the people who caught him also caught a monkey??? I don't know lol I have a feeling if Zane could talk he could tell some pretty wild stories :lol:

Lwalker and Macawnutz like this.
  12. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Sounds normal to me...we hear the same type of vocalizations from Milton...usually when he wants to sound off about nothing in particular. I like when he sounds off and turns to directly face you...as if you couldn't hear him otherwise....:)

Riptide Queen, Lwalker, Tanya and 4 others like this.
  13. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Ahhhh the cockatoo anthem. The song of my people. It's fabulous. :D

Riptide Queen, Tim, sunnysmom and 6 others like this.
  14. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road

Your a too also? :smuggrin:

15. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    I was a bird in a past life. My punishment was to come back as a human and have to look after one. :)

16. Lodah

:rofl:

17. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Just to let you all know...I played the video again this morning...Milton came running into the computer room, responding the SAME WAY to the video...:umbrella2:

DQTimnehs, Riptide Queen, Tim and 5 others like this.
  18. Sarahmoluccan

Sarah
    That's too cute :xflove: Milton is such a character! You gotta love him :heart:

cassiesdad likes this.
  19. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    When he came into the room here, I picked him up, put him in my lap, and let him see Echo again...Milty was not a happy camper, to say the least! He began to sway and huff and puff at the computer...

20. Lodah

Competition! :rofl:

Sarahmoluccan and cassiesdad like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)