1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Typing posts, overwrite issue

Discussion in 'How-To Junction' started by Monaco, 9/22/19.

1. Monaco

Monaco Strolling the yard

Kelly Hill
    I'm having a hard time fixing typos while I'm in a post. Not the edit feature specifically. When I move the cursor it will divide the nearest word on the right and overwrite for several characters. It's maddening!

Remember the insert button on keyboards? Yep, it's like that, but I can't turn it off.

I'm already ocd about fixing errors. Either going to develop a twitch or eventually get desensitized to my own bad grammar.

Up there! "Either" is what I settled on because I can't get up there to change that sentence!!

2. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Have you tried using another browser?

BeanieofJustice and Rain Bow like this.
  3. Monaco

Kelly Hill
    I've just got chrome on my phone. I just did an experiment, it does not do this to numerals. It takes random numbers of characters out, sometimes it splits that nearest word, keeps the first letter, and the cursor jumps in front of the letter with the rest of the sentence in tact....or not!

Rain Bow likes this.
  4. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Rain
    Are you using a mobile device? If you hit where the 3 dots are there is a drop down menu. Look in the settings area. I am using chrome too, & I only have issues when I try to tag a member & its not all the time, just occassionally. I'm not sure it will help but it can't hurt to look.

5. Hawk12237

Hawk12237 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Michael

They are updating I'm told....layman terms, the hamster wheel broke!

Ripshod likes this.
  6. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    It has happens to me too. Today I'm only using Dolphins as a browser, I will never go back to Firefox or Chrome again.

BeanieofJustice and Rain Bow like this.
  7. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    What kind of phone operating system and what keyboard? I have that issue a LOT on my Google Pixel 3 using the Gboard. If I switch to SwiftKey Keyboard, the problem is immediately resolved.

Ripshod and Rain Bow like this.
  8. Monaco

Kelly Hill
    It's a Coolpad legacy. Pretty standard. I don't have keyboard options.
    I'll just be hopeful the updates fix it.

Rain Bow likes this.
  9. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    Monaco and Eloy like this.
  10. Ripshod

Ripshod Rollerblading along the road

Linden
    I just want to confirm what @Mizzely said. I used to have similar problems using google's keyboard in Chrome on android but since switching to SwiftKey everything is fine, other than my own silly typos.

Monaco, Eloy and Mizzely like this.
  11. Monaco

Kelly Hill
    So, I have a clear memory of describing a mouse to my grandmother years ago. I feel like I'm the grandmother in this story.

Also, don't get a coolpad!! I miss my old phone every day.

Also, this seems to be working! Thank you!

Ripshod and Mizzely like this.
  12. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    And i thought it was my kindle fire. Been happening to me for a while now. It is enough to make one wonder. Its definitely not any update because this was happening before we were notified.

13. Monaco

Kelly Hill
    I've been thinking about trying a nook. Do you like the kindle?

I like the nook because it has a screen that's not super reflective. I have a hard time with glare.

14. Monaco

Kelly Hill
    @Mizzely and @Ripshod, I really like SwiftKey. I had no idea you could choose such things! Thanks, guys!

Rain Bow, Beasley, Shezbug and 2 others like this.
  15. Mizzely

Shawna
    Yay I am so glad! Sometimes it is the little things :heart:

16. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Yes I love the Kindle Fire. I bought the first one they made for $300 and the battery is now shot after 10 years or so. Amazon does not sell new batteries for any Kindle Fire nor do they train their tech to do so. Not recommended. I found a person to change the battery and batteries are sold other places for a fee of $150. Now you can buy what they call the Kindle fire tablet new for that price so I did not do it. I love the Kindles but when batteries wear out you need a new one which is a down side. I watch movies, play games and use the internet all on Kindle Fire.

Rain Bow and Monaco like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)