• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Shockingly Different Quakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Sounds like a yellow faced Quaker. :) Here's a YF baby next to a regular.

View attachment 114826

And 60 GRAMS?! Holy moly. My quaker was 135-140g (I am not small either and that is my hand below). :eek: I didn't know it was possible for them to be that small.

View attachment 114825

That looks like him too, he is soooo gorgeous and so fat! Yeah, Breeze has other abnormalities too. Her parents were fed seed diets, lived on cedar chips and were bred constantly, multiple times a year, so the owner could make extra money. Her eyes are tiny and she has abnormal toenails. They don't grow, are less than 1/8 inch long. She also has a nail that grows backwards straight up in the air, the opposite direction. Makes me wonder what the condition of her internal organs are. NOt sure if she is imbred or poor condition due to too much poor breeding and poor health of the parents.

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm sort of an enabler, I guess. Let me know if I can help, or you need me to shut up :D

You're too funny.:rofl: If Breeze didn't require so many trips to the vet I'd be calling them and searching for an AA train.;)

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award

That looks like him too, he is soooo gorgeous and so fat! Yeah, Breeze has other abnormalities too. Her parents were fed seed diets, lived on cedar chips and were bred constantly, multiple times a year, so the owner could make extra money. Her eyes are tiny and she has abnormal toenails. They don't grow, are less than 1/8 inch long. She also has a nail that grows backwards straight up in the air, the opposite direction. Makes me wonder what the condition of her internal organs are. NOt sure if she is imbred or poor condition due to too much poor breeding and poor health of the parents.
Not fat, big boned. :D She's a large subspecies I guess, and was born in 99 I think so before quakers were overbred. That's so sad about Breeze. :( Some people should really not be breeders.

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Not fat, big boned. :D She's a large subspecies I guess, and was born in 99 I think so before quakers were overbred. That's so sad about Breeze. :( Some people should really not be breeders.

Yes it is sad, Breeze pays the price for a dirty basement breeder. IF just anyone had adopted her, she'd probably be dead now cause many don't take their birds to a vet. I love her regardless, she's my shining star, my life, my world.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
It's amazing, how something so amazing as Breeze, with her remarkable capacity for language, could have come from such careless & awful beginnings.

Ellen, your pics of the sleeping babies & the baby laying in the hand are CUTE!
:heart::heart::heart:

Peacelovepets

Jogging around the block
This may have been mention I have a pallid green and here's what color his feathers are: Ei and I 045.jpg

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Kyoko as a baby had a lot of yellow too, but as she grew up she turned more of a creamy colour.

37650_10150234179420788_574237_n.jpg 38100_10150243019295788_6124724_n.jpg

WendyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
Love the yellow-faced quakers, they are far and away my favorite color mutation. :laughing12: Which is funny since they're apparently just a by product of yellow breeding based on cinnamon quakers, probably why they are so inexpensive compared to the other mutations. They're that not quite the right color bird before they get to yellow but after they stop looking like cinnamon/pallids.

Status
Not open for further replies.