• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Pieces of Heaven..... Tiko & Cha

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We made it home.

They were angels the whole trip. :xflove: We took them to my friends house for the 30 day QT. THAT IS ALWAYS SO HARD!!!! We spent about an hour getting them settled and introducing everyone and then tucked them in for the night. :shy: Cha claimed a bunch of toys as hers and Tiko claimed the food bowl. :rolleyes: I hand fed them some banana before I left and Tiko was in heaven, Cha said that was the most disgusting thing that ever touched my tongue. :laugh: Either she does not like banana or had enough for the evening. Or does not trust me yet... :p I did just give her a rough day.

I got a snuggle and beak kiss from each. Tomorrow we will get pictures with Joey.

:heart2: Tanya :heart2:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Those two precious babies have the another perfect home! Congratulations, Sarah. I wish I could meet them! I have only seen a Hy up close once. :heart:

These two were the first Hy's I ever touched or saw up close too. :swoon: When we went to pick up Sam I met Tiko & Cha and was completely awestruck by them. I had said that day that I touched a little piece of heaven... :cloud9:

Yay!!!!
So happy to read
They will be Great
:hug8:
Thankyou so much

Oh my goodness you do not need to thank us Tanya. We are still over the moon that you trust us with your angels.

On the way home we slipped through a drive through for a snack. ;) I turned to the sweeties and told them " I promised your mom, who promised your dad that you would be spoiled silly for the rest of your lives". They both looked at me like... "Yes, we know". :laugh:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Sarah @Macawnutz make sure you take pictures of Joey when he sees them :hug8:

Joey is in heaven!

Joey and Cha
20140912_165956.jpg 20140912_170000.jpg

Joey & Tiko (Tiko says "this kid knows where the nuts are!)
20140912_170012.jpg
Joey says "Oh my goodness, he cracked a mac nut!"
20140912_170236.jpg 20140912_170254.jpg
20140912_170301.jpg

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
PALS!!! Looks like mutual admiration!

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this :heart: :heart: :heart:
I am with you on that. A future Macaw owner in the making. Can it get any better than that? Only if he becomes an Avian Vet I guess.

I love how easily they can hold a mac nut in one foot (left) and then just go about something else but that nut just stays there until they are ready to finish eating it.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I love the look on his face at the nut cracking! It's like disbelief, and awe all mixed up together.

How is he feeling about these new babies? Is he already begging you to give them to him? :roflmao:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I love the look on his face at the nut cracking! It's like disbelief, and awe all mixed up together.

How is he feeling about these new babies? Is he already begging you to give them to him? :roflmao:

Ummm, the Hy's are his! :laugh: He says best birthday present ever! Everything is Tiko this and Cha Cha that. :rofl: He has this new pirate game and his screen name is Tiko me Matey! :hehe:

Joey has asked for a Hy from Santa every year for the last three years. ;) All his dreams came true this week. :xflove:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What happy pictures! :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
This is so wonderful! Congratulations on your new family members!