• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two more "drop offs" at the rescue Budgies

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Two more birds are at the rescue, I am up to nine birds now :( This lady had JUST bought them~! They were too noisy... I am so tired of people getting rid of birds only because they didn't do the research they should have prior to buying the birds.
On a happy note, they are super cute and super happy! I could watch them all day! They are so animated and noisy, in a good way. I love the noise, they sound like little old ladies LOL

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sad,,but,,they're now somewhere safe and hopefully can find a great forever home who will appreciate them.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's so good of you to take them in. :)

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
happy you have them - I am new to budgies - recently added two to my flock - I love to watch them and hear their chatter.

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
She just bought them though, ya I can take them in.... It's not a problem. But why are there no laws about buying birds or any animals? It's kills me.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
I wish mine would make more noise.
Love budgie chatter.

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes I believe people think that birds are something that stay in a box (cage) and need/do nothing until it's convenient for the owner to want to spend time with it. Then the owner thinks they will magically be trained as well as talk perfectly until ready to be put back in their box. It's just a shame.

I keep telling my husband I want a couple of small chattering birds. He says no, but I love to listen to them.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Too NOISY!?! What the heck? :rant: Do people just buy them the moment they see them, with no thought or research??

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Too NOISY!?! What the heck? :rant: Do people just buy them the moment they see them, with no thought or research??
That would be a YES, unfortunately. Just on AA I've seen the excuses - too noisy, too messy, doesn't talk, is scared, flies around and poops not to mention the all famous - it bites the kids. If I had something the equivalent of an elephant in size come charging up to me in a cage I'd probably be scared and pooping too.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Have they ever noticed that...they.....poop....themselves??

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
Thank you for taking them. Do you run/work at a rescue? I am so glad to hear they are chattering away and hopefully therefore relatively unscathed. The plus side is that she did something sensible once she realised they were not what she wanted. At least they wont be neglected, which likely would have happened if she'd kept them. I will keep my fingers crossed that they find the right forever home.

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@slinky-kitty yes I have a small rescue in my home. The influx of birds has been insane. So many people have the same reasons for getting rid of them, too noisy, too messy, too wild, too, too, too, too,.... my head wants to explode.