• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two in a fay

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Check to see if they had access to their food and water.

See if you forgot to rinse something.

Was it a new bag of food? Maybe contaminated?

Was there something being sprayed in the area, bug spray, any aerosol like hair spray, something burning (leaves outdoors)?

Necropsy would answer your questions - put body in fridge not freezer until tomorrow when they are open.
No change in food. I keep it sealed and put away, plenty of access to both food and water, their cage was clean, been using that bag for about a month, nothing was being sprayed. I’m in a house of asthmatics. Also, can’t put them through Necropsy. Nowhere to have it done in my town.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
No change in food. I keep it sealed and put away, plenty of access to both food and water, their cage was clean, been using that bag for about a month, nothing was being sprayed. I’m in a house of asthmatics. Also, can’t put them through Necropsy. Nowhere to have it done in my town.
Yeah I saw that after I had posted.

I’m so sorry. Sometimes you just never know what happened. I lost 5 —FIVE canaries in one day once. We never knew the cause for sure, but after changing out food and all I switched their drinker and the last 2 were okay. So I feel like it wasn’t rinsed good or something.

Very sorry for your loss.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your losses.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh no! How old were they? Is it possible it was just their time? I know seems strange but...just a thought. :( so sorry to hear this!!