• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

twin the budgie

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
:hug8:I'm sorry for your loss. Like Anne suggested, you might want to take the bird in for a necropsy to find out the cause of death. This way you will know what it was and/or if it was an illness that could be problematic for your other bird.

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take comfort in knowing you did everything you could have for your bird.

Fly high over the Rainbow Bridge little one......

gary

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry, :hug8: fly free little Twin.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I called, and the lady told the doc her symptoms, he said he was not sure what they could do. They said bring her in anyways, if she was bad they would put her down. So I got her carrier, but she seized hard so I let her be. Left her with my husband, used the bathroom, and she passed before I returned.
I do not feel an egg.
Husband is now worried about Lenny, as he has been with us. Lenny and Twin were best buddies. She was more quiet as he laid by her side.

I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it

I had a similar thing happen this past september with a male budgie - he would of been 2 this Jan 14th

I was in the birds room doing my normal checking of dishes, cleaning up messes , chit chatting with the birds, he was playing like always flying around their cage ,swinging, climbing all his normal stuff. I went to do some laundry - I folded a small load put a load in the dryer and washer - took maybe 10-15 mins walked back in he was on the floor not moving- I thought maybe his leg was stuck in the cage floor (even though it had never happened before), I reached in picked him up he didn't try to get away or bite me (his normal thing to do) he felt very light (he's a big boy for being a normal "pet shop" type budgie) I sat him on the table in my kitchen, he couldn't stand up at all he'd just go in circles, I got a small cage got him all set up put millet right beside him since he couldn't move , every time he tried he'd just go in circles

he died within the hour - it was a sunday I don't have an avian vet in my town little lone a Emergency vet, from what I could figure with him not being able to use either of his legs. When he was playing he got too carried away and either A) fell and broke his back or B)Broke his legs or C) Had a seizure which caused it all to happen in the 1st place

3 years ago I had a budgie do pretty much the same thing only she'd go into seizure's while i was holding her, she couldn't use her legs either. I only had her 6 days and she wasn't even 5 months old yet. she died while i was on the phone with the vet in my hands,

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Thank you all for your comments. We never worked with her, but she loved people. She was the first budgie I ever made friends with. It was so neat having a little fairy of a parrot on my finger, couldnt even feel her. She rode around on our shoulder.
Poor Lenny is calling for her:(. I will let him be, give him lots of extra love, I wish he liked hands as I could give him a nice pet.
I have her preserved to see what went wrong.
Again thank you all

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
I have just read this thread. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.