• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Twilight is sick!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no! I just saw this. I hope Twilight is doing okay.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sending lots of love and healing thoughts

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry that I am late in replying.

I sending lots a healing energy and thoughts his way and hoping that he soon is well again. ♥
Great that you manage to get him to the vet so fast. :)
And here are to you: :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh no I just saw this. Hugs and prayers. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thank you everyone, it really means a lot that you’re all thinking of us. So, it’s not looking very good for my special little guy. They are trying to get his GI track stable before they can X Ray him, but they did something they call “Bird on a Plate.” It’s like an X Ray, but less clear and harder to see. They also did cultures and a blood test. He has some bits of stuff in his GI track, but they can’t tell what it is. In case it’s metal, they are treating him for metal toxicity. He has nothing in his cage that is harmful metal, and when he is out he is always in my sight. I still think it was that toy. The cultures show that he has some Spirochete bacteria in his system, but she doesn’t think this is the cause of his troubles, but he is on antibiotics for it now. He also has Septicemia, which sucks. They are giving him antibiotics for that too. He has had many broken blood feathers in the last few months, and I’m wondering if he got this from that. He messes with the underside of his wings when a feather breaks, so I wonder if it got infected. It doesn’t look infected on the surface. His kidneys are also not functioning normally. She said some of the kidney levels could be because he’s dehydrated, but they have been giving him fluids, so she doesn’t think that is why his numbers are off. I didn’t ask if septicemia could adversely effect protein and enzyme levels in his kidneys. She said he was the same as yesterday behaviorally, so still sleeping and lethargic. It’s crazy how he went from normal to all of this. Maybe he was hiding the infection, but the swallowing of the particles was what tipped the scales. They are doing all they can, but it doesn’t look good. I hate that he’s in a strange place and probably thinks I abandoned him. He’s probably wondering where I am, where’s Sunset, what happened to his family? I’m going to go down there tomorrow to say goodbye. I hope he makes it until I get there. I really don’t want him to think I just left him. It’s so sad here without him, I can’t stand it. This sucks.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for all that you and Twilight are going through this
:sadhug2:

Last edited:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thinking positive thoughts for Twilight :heart: and a big :hug4: to you for being there for him. Let's fight this!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Oh no , this has got to be so terribly difficult, what kind of toy did Twilight eat? I hope a miracle will happen and he will pull through. My thoughts are with you during this most sad a difficult time.
:sadhug:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hoping that things will turn around for Twilight. Sending positive thoughts. :sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What?? Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. :sadhug2:Special prayers for little Twilight. Poor baby, being in a strange place and not able to understand what is going on— and so sick.

They hide illness so well, you know that. Don’t keep going over it you are torturing yourself. Hopefully he can at least come home to rest and see his buddy — and his mama. :heart:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2::sad4: Poor baby!!!

Sending some well wishes to your guy!!!Hope they figure it out & help him...

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I am sorry you and your flock has to go through all this. I am hoping for a better outcome. I know you are worried sick. So hard to deal with.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2: