• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Turquoisine Parrakeet

Nissili

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dakota
I've got no advice really, as I'm not experienced with this type of bird, but I just wanted to say that they're absolutely beautiful!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yes the grasskeet is an aviary bird. They enjoy being in a flock with other grasskeets. Here is hoping your bird will adapt to being indoors.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
They are lovely birds! I think it sounds like you are doing quite well with them. They look happy and relaxed in the pictures! I wish we had birds that looked that around here. I have seen a couple of Bourkes, but none of the other grass keets. Enjoy!!

Brendajean71

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thanks SamandWilley. Lots has changed since I last posted in this thread...I now have 3 Turquoisines and a Rosy Bourke...and HUGE new cages for them. They seem pretty content! :D

From left to right this is Birdie, Buttercup, Pinky, and Squeaky.
DSC_3763.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Beautiful birds!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I see 3 turq's and a normal bourke. No rosy.

Gorgeous, regardless! :) Miss their little chirps! Was several years ago that I was given a family of 3 bourkes and a sad little turq girl. All older birds, all have since passed on. The youngest bourke was at least 5-7 years old (others were around 12?) did end up living to be around 19 or 20 years old at least. :)

Brendajean71

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Here is a cute shot of Squeaky that I took with my phone...she is so adorable. <3 2016-06-24 18.42.33 [61703].jpg

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I am liking these guys more and more! I was seriously thinking about Love Birds, but I am also very interested in the grass parrots. They are sooo beautiful! I don't mind a bit of independence in a bird, but I also do like to snuggle a bit. Ah, the choices!!!

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I am still loving the idea of grass keets. I love their beauty and their beautiful little chirpy songs. A lady near me has purchased some and will be breeding. Guess I will be getting some! Thank you for sharing your beautiful little flock. They seem so happy!

Brendajean71

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Would love to see a picture of your Turquoisine Sky&Sunshine!