• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Turquoisine advice!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
So I am hoping to be getting a turquoisine parakeet soon!
And i have a few questions.

Will it be ok to house in an aviary with budgies, finches and a cockatiel?

Do they use a cuttle bone?

What food is recommended for them?

Can i feed them budgie seed and aviary mix?

Also any other advice would be great!!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
well im not one hundred percent sure about getting it, but the advice would still be great anyway!

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
They are considered aviary birds so they are peaceful birds. And they require pretty much the same care as your budgies.

Milestone

Well also Provide it with fruits, eggfood, multi-grain bread and other fresh vegetables, especially fresh greens. These pet birds can be fragile and need additional attention to ensure a healthy lifestyle. So kinda the basic for birds.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
They are considered aviary birds so they are peaceful birds. And they require pretty much the same care as your budgies.
ok should i get it if i'm getting two more male finches, a canary, and quaisl? does this bird need lots of space?

Milestone

They are quite active so yeah they need a decent amount of space.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
ok, do they go on the ground mostly? coz none of my birds go on the ground.

Brendajean71

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I have three Turquoisines and they all have their favorite veggies. I have found putting a chunk of carrot or broccolini or spinach leaves in a clip near a perch to be the best way to fee then their fresh foods. I have tried chopping them up into little bits an feeding in a cup but they hardly touch them that way. This is Buttercup. Her favorite is Broccolini. Sometimes she will take each individual bud off and eat whatever is inside, other times she takes big chunks off like here and eats bits off.

DSC_5089.JPG

Brendajean71

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
They love cuttlebone but mine are all females, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I feed a mixture of parakeet with a bit of cockatiel seed mixed in, not too many sunflower seeds but they do love them. Buttercup loves oat groats. I also give seed mixtures made for condition or moulting sometimes for a different mix.