• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Turning old toys into something new

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
So I’ve had these toys for approximately 2 months now. I don’t know how many months they have had them, since I don’t know when the previous owners bought them. But they’re ready to be thrown out. The little guitar is impossible to clean on the inside (it seems to be a dispenser of some kind). I can see stuff that’s stuck inside it with a little flashlight and I don’t know what it is but i sure wouldn’t want to use it for treats and snacks :hungover: yuck! Maybe there is a way i could crack it open because there is a hole on the bottom...which also makes me doubt it is even for seeds..wouldn’t they just fall out?

Then the second toy is a chewing toy, and it has really been used. But a couple of them at the bottem don’t even seem to be touched. So it would be a waste to throw them away as well. It is also stained on some places, and i tried to get them off but couldn’t.

Just to sum up what I want to know;
-what is the guitar for?
-is it a common thing to use old parts to create new toys?
-any tips on the ‘recycling’ of the toy that i should keep in mind?
-a good site where they sell toys like these; i really like them and the fids really enjoyed them as well. The pet stores in my area don’t sell toys like these. It’s mainly mirrors, dowel perches, lots of bells and those wooden stair perches. Oh and it has to be able to ship to the Netherlands..

Attachments

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Have no clue about the guitar.
I recycle old toy parts like spare beads and wooden pieces, sisal, leather etc.
Old toy parts for foraging toys or skewer parts or even adding to newly bought toys, making them safer or more fun etc.
New Products | scarletts parrot
Is amazing and it's the cheapest store I've found.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Have no clue about the guitar.
I recycle old toy parts like spare beads and wooden pieces, sisal, leather etc.
Old toy parts for foraging toys or skewer parts or even adding to newly bought toys, making them safer or more fun etc.
New Products | scarletts parrot
Is amazing and it's the cheapest store I've found.
Thanks, it’s a great website. I already see some things i want to try out.
And i'll try my best to make something cool out of the old parts :tup:

Edit: tomorrow I’m going to try to crack the quitar open, if it breaks it’s okay because if would have thrown it away anyways. If it doesn’t break i get to clean it out and use it

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
I hate when toys get all dirty in and then it's really difficult to clean (and cages). To get into fiddly toys I use cotton buds (Qtips), cocktail sticks, rolled up kitchen roll etc. and for cleaning flat, tricky places on the cage I use dental floss and a tooth brush. It's very relaxing.