• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Turbo's Bucket Pull

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
He's been working on this. Oh and go see how Turbo put his new skills to use in the Super Bird story.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awesome! :D

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Very impressive!! :D Loved it!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:heart: Awesome :highfive:

Reactions: lyx

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
love it!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hey, great job Turbo!!! :dance4: How did you train him to pull the bucket up rather than climb down the chain?
He tried to climb down the chain but it is kind of small. I started out holding the bucket and letting him eat treats out of the bucket then I held the bucket just far enough away that he could not reach it but he could reach the chain and I let him pull it. Then I hung it down just far enough that he couldn't reach the bucket edge even if he was hanging down from the perch by his feet. Once he got the idea to grab the chain instead of the bucket, I kept making the chain longer until he had to pull it up more than once.

You know how they like to transfer things from their beak to their foot to work on them. He just figured out to grab it with his beak move it to his foot and then grab again with his beak.

Peaches has devised another version of this trick where Turbo pulls up the bucket and she hangs down and grabs the treat before the bucket makes it to the top. :lol:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
He tried to climb down the chain but it is kind of small. I started out holding the bucket and letting him eat treats out of the bucket then I held the bucket just far enough away that he could not reach it but he could reach the chain and I let him pull it. Then I hung it down just far enough that he couldn't reach the bucket edge even if he was hanging down from the perch by his feet. Once he got the idea to grab the chain instead of the bucket, I kept making the chain longer until he had to pull it up more than once.

You know how they like to transfer things from their beak to their foot to work on them. He just figured out to grab it with his beak move it to his foot and then grab again with his beak.

Peaches has devised another version of this trick where Turbo pulls up the bucket and she hangs down and grabs the treat before the bucket makes it to the top. :lol:

:rofl: Peaches! Sounds like he's got trained Turbo best of all!

Thanks so much! I'm going to try this with Lola. What a great trick!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
:rofl: Peaches! Sounds like he's got trained Turbo best of all!

Thanks so much! I'm going to try this with Lola. What a great trick!
She has got it all figured out. I hope Lola can do it too!