• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trying to find a home

Lisa L

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Larsen
The woman who lived above me had around 30 cats and kittens...I complained to the landlord about the smell. She moved and now I have mice! Bad Karma on me! I need a kitty now to eat the mice, I am just afraid the cat will eat my small birds. Are they going to be outdoor cats? We still have outdoor shelters here for the previous cats to keep them warm in the winter which I put up. I really love white cats but they are so hard to find! Good luck with the cuties.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Holy cow Sandra! Nine babies! Who did you piss off in a former life?:) LOL! I can't wait to see more pictures!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It must be because I've crossed over to birds - we'd always had a cat until about 3 years ago. :bag:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Tell me about it! We went from not having a cat at all to having a cat "we didn't really have" to 9 felines in one afternoon. Anyone here interested n a kitten? Obviously not right now - maybe in 8-10 weeks or so .... ;)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
So I thought I'd update this thread and let everyone know how this story ended. These are the kittens after they'd dried off and looked a little more like kittens
001.JPG 002.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
LOL. Do you know my brother? He told me he might get a kitten from a calico litter 'over in Illinois' He's in St. Louis.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
046.JPG 047.JPG Since these photos were taken which covered May 11th when they were born through June 19th (or so), everyone has gone to a home - in two cases 2 kittens went to the same home. Justin decided to keep the all white kitten (having his bottom washed by Coco) in the last photo.

Coco was spayed, vaccinated and chipped the Friday of Labour Day weekend, came home Saturday and went home with my eldest son James to live in a townhouse in Chicago w/two roommates. James has said that she appears to be settling in though she's obviously aware of the different noises but she sleeps in his room with her carrier, bowls and litter box. James renamed her Madison.

This is Justin's "kitten" - Steve Rogers in his favourite place whenever he's allowed to run around the house -
420.JPG 421.JPG

He's practically invisible against the tub if it weren't for the blues eyes and slightly gingerish nose, paws and ears. We suspect that there might have been a Siamese somewhere in the mix but who knows? He's full of piss and vinegar and is being harness trained. He can't be let out because is still easily spooked by any sudden noises including cars driving by.

This is one of the many "daddy" suspects who kept stopping by to visit until we finally had Madison spayed.
027.JPG 028.JPG 026.JPG 025.JPG

Not afraid of people or exactly shy. He does have a collar but no tags - it looks like someone tried to tack his name onto the collar but we couldn't read it.

Last edited:

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Steve Rogers looks a lot like my cat Alcatraz. We lost him in June at the age of 21. He's looking a little Satanic in this picture, but he had the most beautiful blue eyes.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Your birds are beautiful You are as bad as Irish with his ciaques except you have cheekies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
If you ever feel the need for a greenie or two to help round out your flock/day/entertainment all you have to do is let me know. We can set it up on a "loan basis". :hehe:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I love greenies. My cheekie Jane was my granddaughters bird but lived with me. Most of the birds loved her especially the tooz. Jane was an AWESOME feather groomer. The LSC too in my avatar would flatten down so not to intimidate Jane. Jane would walk right up and groom Faits crest! I think if I ever had a cheekie again it would be two that got along as I now have 2 medium and 1 large bird. The cheekie would need their own size!

Last edited: