• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trying to find a home

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:omg: What a crew you have there! Never a dull or quiet moment I assume. Beautiful :heart2:
Dull moment? What is this dull moment you speak of???? I didn't attach any photos of the tiels cause they're the good ones.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
beautiful kitty, sounds like the 70's garage is a good home for her ;)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
She likes it cause Justin, James & Dad all hang out there when they're puttering on something & Justin has his friends hang out there too. They've got 2 old sofas, a monitor that acts like a basic tv and plays dvds and they've rigged the stereo for music. That way they can also leave the side door open and smoke if they want to - I have a "no smoking" household. :D

If Justin doesn't have any friends coming over and he & Sarah are just hanging out in his room, Coco hangs with them there too.

Last edited:

Lisa L

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Larsen
I have been doing dog and cat rescue (despite my allergies to cats) for many years. Do you know if the cat is spayed? A spayed cat will be much easier to place. I would also recommend bringing her to the vet for her shots. Again, she will be much easier to place. If money is an issue there are many many places that will do all of the above for free and/or at a minimal cost to you. If you tell me where you are located I can find you the resources you need. I am heavily connected all over the united states with dog and cat rescues or know someone else that is. Also, she has all her claws and would make a great addition to any barn that wants to get rid of rodents! She is use to being outdoors somewhat and a barn could provide her the shelter she needs from the elements while keeping the rodents and small animals out of the feed and away from the live stock! If you place an ad, I would def high light those positive qualities. Good Luck and let me know how I can help!
Lisa

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
@Lisa L She looks like she's swallowed a bowling ball just now so we know she isn't spayed. I'm assuming that she might have gone into heat (wherever she lived before she found our deck) and was kicked out. She's become Justin's cat and once she's had her kittens she will be spayed. Happy to say that she does have all her nails.

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Love the pics.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
glad you're keeping her! <3 :hug8:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh Sandra, she's adorable. So, she's pregnant? Are you going to try and keep her? I swore once our Haley passed no more cats...sigh...

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so gorgeous,bless you for taking her in.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
An update on the cat we don't have who wasn't pregnant :sneaky: - our home cat count went from 1 :geek: to 9 :wideyed: :wideyed: :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: yesterday, courtesy of Coco and a very happy tomcat somewhere in our vicinity ... As Justin said today - they're looking a little more like kittens and less like lizards - at least they're furry now. :huh:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Awww, can we see pics of the invisible kittens? :xflove:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
These are the before - bowling ball kitty

and the mini-mes

I'll have to take some more now that they've dried off and are looking more like kittens. Coco is very good and patient (with us), we changed out the blanket she'd given birth on and carefully moved all the kittens, while she watched and nuzzled them and did her own kitty count.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
So far it looks like 2 tigger striped tabbies, 1 white and the rest are ginger - some light and the darker ones seem to have a tigger stripe to them also. :heart: :heart:

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
Oh my god...The largest litter I've ever 'had' was 5. I thought THAT was huge. Good lord..I really hope you find them homes. :)

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
Those kittens are adorable and she's beautiful. She looks just like one of my cats, Shadow.*exactly* like Shadow. o_O :hilarious:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awe they are adorable :heart: :heart: :heart: I hope you are able to find wonderful homes for all of them

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'll try to get some better pix tomorrow when she's settled down a bit more. We changed out the blankie she gave birth on for some clean quadruple folded fleece so she's in a cardboard box with thick fleece to lie on and a fleece blanket over the top to give her privacy without making her feel as if she's trapped. Coco's a good mommy and let us change out the blanket and move her kits around without a fuss, she just kept checking them as if she were counting heads. :)