• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trying to convince my dad to put the feeders back up..

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
He says the neighbor doesn't like that squirrels dig in his lawn (he's hyper-obsessive about it) but he'll consider it. He says we'll put paver blocks down if we do put the feeders back up.

They've been down for a long while now... probably over a year. I miss seeing all the birds, I missed seeing the rose-breasted grosbeaks this year, and I miss seeing the odd friends we'd get (there's a squirrel who has a white bit on the tip of his tail, we would get rabbits sometimes, and we even got a duck once!).

And Chirp used to love seeing the birds every morning, he particularly liked the red-winged blackbirds, and the sparrows that live in the spruce tree in our yard.

So fingers crossed dad lets me put the feeders up again.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Are bears an issue in your area? If so, i t isn't recommended to put out bird feeders except during the winter.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Are bears an issue in your area? If so, i t isn't recommended to put out bird feeders except during the winter.
No, we don't get bears here. If we see a bear here then I'm a unicorn. Every now and then one might make his way into Michigan city, but not here. The worst we get are squirrels.