• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Traveling with my eclectus

Taylor Zaugg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
I'm getting my new baby eclectus that has just been weaned in a week and a half. I have a big cage here at my house and a cage at my boyfriends set up. My boyfriends house is 5 minutes away. Do you think if I get my Ekkie used to driving a 5 minute drive to my boyfriends he'll be okay with going with me 4 times a week for about 5 hours at a time? He would sit on my shoulder in the car or a seat. Or I could bring him his playstand in the car that would probably be better. It's big and sturdy. Need opinions. I want him to be comfortable and no stress. My boyfriends house is bird proof and quiet.

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I think that is a good way to socialized them. A 5 minutes drive is just perfect, but you must use a travel cage that you fasten with your set belts, for that.
Travel on your shoulder is very dangerous.
And just begin with shorter visit, (1-2 hrs) and erase them from each time. And perhaps let him travel their every third day in the beginning is enough.
To bring his playstand and use in your bf house is good, then he have something familiar to sit on and that will make him feeling almost at home.
And of course bring his favorite toys and food.