• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Travel play stand

Doctress

Strolling the yard
5A75E5E9-61BD-4DD6-8897-0ABE6239F8C0.jpeg I have a Tote Perch. It’s sturdy, and adjusts to different heights. It comes with cups, but I put a toy thru the dowel. It comes with a travel pouch and fold easily

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Doctress what brand is this? Do you have a link? Is this the one on Amazon? It is what I wanted, but read a lot of bad reviews saying it broke easy and wasn't stable. I would love to know where you got yours from if it is sturdy. Thanks in advance.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You could also just buy a camera tripod and drill a dowel/perch to fit the camera mount :)

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I've searched high and low and can't find this perch for sale anywhere. I may have to try that Mizzely. Thanks. I'm not real handy, but I will get my husband to try it.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
You could also just buy a camera tripod and drill a dowel/perch to fit the camera mount :)
You can buy at yard sales... or goodwill too.

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
and wasn't stable.
Most tripods aren't designed to hold a lot of (live) weight that likes to move around and flap their wings. If you want to go this route you'll need to add some weight to the center column or to the feet as a counterbalance. In film and video they use sandbags hung from a hook in the center column, tied to the legs or straddling them like this to give the equipment more stability. A video tripod would be really easy to modify if the screw in the tripod plate was removable.

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Look for “tote perch” on eBay

The one i have is pretty stable- I’ve bashed it around (making sure it’s a quality product- was very surprised!). In my opinion, a bird wouldn’t be heavy enough to tip it over. The legs also lock in place.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I did check ebay, but nothing came up.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thanks Doctress for the link, but that was from 2015. I have since bought to cheap tripod work lights from Lowes and I'm making my own. All I have to do is add a wood perch and food cups. I found a DIY video on it. Looks like it will work well for me.