• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Training the Attention Deficit Bird

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Gave her a treat outside the cage, let her eat it, showed her I was putting one in the cage. She went in and got it like an angel.
That is the way I works with my birds. I never force them and I never will. Why when it's not necessary?
Every time they are getting in their cages (after lunch) they are getting their best food of the day. In their bowl I also put some things they love, like pomegranates, apple slices e.t.c
They are then left alone, (very important) and after eating they are taking their afternoon napkin so to go in to their cages they do with joy.
I just put the bowl in their cage and they come flying to my shoulder if they not already their. Then they step up on my hand and I kiss them and wishing them: Bon appetite and a good resting. Silly routines, but that is what works the best.
To make her love to go inside her cage is what I think that you should focus on. And just one treat is not enough, that will only make her angry because she is to smart.
Perhaps add some of her favorites food, and some toys she loves. Anything that will make her busy for a while.

I would never starve my birds to get them more willing to focus. That is so wrong!
And what if something happens to you and she is not having food in her cage?