• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tragic AG and Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
My roommate has several birds. A tragic incident occurred where his African gray smokey, and red Lored Amazon Traci escaped their cage and were able to open the cage of his Quaker parrot, Moses, and almost killed poor Modes.
Smokey and Traci came to my roommate untamed, and bonded, with no idea of their ages or history. My roommate has tried to work with these 2 birds, but has made very little progress.
Smokey talks, but also plucks. Traci is quiet and shy. They are bonded, and have to stay together.
My roommate is 81 years old, and does not see well, so it's very hard for him to watch body language, or even be able to tell if he's close to the birds, which has resulted in some very nasty bites. After the attack on Moses, he unfortunately wants to rehome Smokey and Traci.
I asked him to let me try to rehome them here, and not some place like CL.
These birds need someone who has lots of experience with large parrots for a happy landing.
I'm sure he will include their cage, and maybe travel half way or so.....
This is unfortunate because I believe his vision caused him to leave cage doors open, but feel too it's in the best interest of these babies to find someone more suited to own them.
I will add photos soon if my post is approved by the moderators.

JBosley

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Best of luck!

Adding the location of the birds would definitely help.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
@alshgs Not sure if you are up for 2.

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
We live in norfolk, va
@alshgs I'm posting for my roommate who is needing to rehome his birds

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Oh my. As much as I would love to, there’s no way I can take on 2 bigger birds that need help. Especially since they have already attacked a smaller bird. I have smaller parrots as well as kids and that worries me a little.

I hope they find good homes though!

Status
Not open for further replies.