• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Traci aviary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
First off, sorry I don't have any pics. I forgot my camera but my cousin took a lot of pics so I will post them as soon as she sends them to me.
I went to the Traci Aviary yesterday and it was so cool! First we went to the bird show. We missed the first half of it so we missed all the flying birds. But we did get to watch them test the strength of a chicken egg! It didn't break until 80 pounds was sitting on top of it. :eek: I didn't realize how strong they were. Anyways, we got to see a lot of owls and south american birds. They had keel billed toucans and aracaris. They were beautiful! There was a sun conure aviary where we could go in and feed the conures out of our hands, but they were all sold out so I didn't get to. :( My favorite part was the endangered birds exhibit. First they had 2 keas. They were hilarious! They were playing basketball with a ball and their water dish. They were so playful! They had 2 blue headed macaws. I didn't realize how small they were. They are beautiful birds! Next they had 2 great green macaws (buffons) that were gorgeous. I don't remember most of the other birds' names as I was obsessed with the parrots. :p In the argentina exhibit they had a couple quakers and one was building a big nest up in the corner. It was cool looking. They also had red crested cardinals that reminded me of the cardinal in the movie rio. Then we looked at all the birds of prey. They had some gorgeous bald eagles there. I had a great time at the aviary! I can't wait to show you pics.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.