• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toys

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
What kind of toys do your linnies like to play with? Tried a few now but my linnie doesn't really seem interested in it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Try toys of different types. You will just have to keep buying toys and putting them in the cage.

Tips: try moving the toys around, a toy in X place may not be played with but when placed in Y place the bird now loves it. You can also try introducing the toys to the bird outside of the cage first.

Every bird is different, what one likes another dislikes.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi is a very active bird that likes to play. She especially plays when I am nearby, like reading a book next to her cage. Or when we have company and it's noisy with kids. She likes bells, leather knots, long toys she can drape over her perches and soft wood like sola that she can destroy. I deliberately have some of her favorite toys a little far from a perch or cage wall and she works hard to get to them, hangs from them and gets them swinging to dismount somewhere. She also loves her boings and rope swings. I experiment with new things, trying them in different places. She is sometimes nervous and sometimes bold. I have gotten her duplicates of all the toys that she has enjoyed.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I second Zara. I'll put a toy in and my birds will have zero interest, I move it and it's the best thing ever! My linnies really like balsa, those plastic curly straws, cork, and lately vine rings. I made them a foraging box awhile ago and they really like that too.