• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a very interesting way to use those balls. Do the canaries play with the balls, or just use them for foraging?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have those balls from a toy I bought that was too big and I took it apart. What a clever idea! I will definitely try it

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
That is a very interesting way to use those balls. Do the canaries play with the balls, or just use them for foraging?
Hi
I put the balls in last week. They gave them a poke with their beaks acouple of times but then lost interest.

I have watched them this afternoon. The aviary birds were not so bothered im guessing because they have plenty to do and natural branches etc. The pair in the picture above have stripped theirs. Quite interesting and so many possibilities.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great idea!

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
My canaries actually pick up the balls and drop or carry them around. I’ll have to stuff some!
Wow I hope mine will do the same eventually. I was also thinking of filling them with mealworms. .bit fiddly but it would encourage them to move the ball as they will fall out though the larger holes.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I put them in shallow carryout trays from the Chinese restaurant. That would hold the worms in.

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Some of my birds enjoyed the herb balls. The basil went in the first day. The herbs were nibbled..twiggy bits were stripped of leaf. They seemed to like the leafy parts but really enjoyed the twiggy parts too. The tougher herbs lasted for a few days. Barely any left over.

Im quite pleased with how this went. I will certainly be doing this again.