• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy Making Time!! MSBS order today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingcanopy

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I got my MSBS order and love everything!! I just wish I weren't so tired. I made 7 toys between the stuff I got from Kathie, Danita and Anne. But I really planned on doing much more. I'm just beat :sleeping:But I have lots more left and will make more later. I just feel like crashing now :sleeping3:

PICTURES!!
Unpacked and laid out. Oh I love everything being wrapped :laughing12: Makes it so fun!

Unwrapped, yay toy parts!! The TOPS pellets were on Kathie, she's so SWEET! But I suspect it had something to do with me not letting her pay shipping on an order from me ;) She also gave me samples of vitamins and biotics, which is REALLY cool. I can't wait too try them!!

I made Grapefruit a toy with a bit of everything and she spent a good 40 mins tearing it up :dance4:First time ever using the poly string too, WAY better then sisal!!

Buffet ball stuffed with paper and dried chilli peppers (her fav) for Ms Grapefruit.

This toy is SO COOL!! Grapefruit hasn't started playing with it yet, but I sure hope she does! I think it's too big for Scarlet and Cheeks though.

I now have 2 of these coconuts, though the one on the play stand for Cheeks and Scarlet is going too need to be replaced soon. I think these are a fantastic, hardy toy excellent for hiding foraging treats and encouraging lots of chewing.

As you can see, she wasted no time!

These are the toys I did manage to make today - these are going to my friend's place to go into her cages with her young chicks she is hand feeding. Trying to use up that darn sisal rope! :lol:

Thank you Kathie :hug8:Anne:hug8: and Danita:hug8: Not too mention Nina's Wood!! :heart: Having such excellent resources for parts means I get to sprawl out on the floor, do something crafty and fun, and keep my birds busy and happy.

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Oh I forgot the best part--I got 3 lbs of TOPS pellets thinking I would need at least a month to switch everyone over slowly. HA! Nope. They are ALL eating them! Scarlet isn't picky, so no shock there. Cheeks was on them at her old home - okay, no big deal. But Grapefruit has rejected almost everything except safflower seeds, sunflower seeds and chilli peppers. Even she went to town and ate them with no reservations - choosing them over her seed mixture in her cage! :dancing:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Awesome haul :highfive:

I'm glad your birds like the TOPS :dance4::dance4:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Nice toys, Amanda! You missed your calling (but don't ever stop doing the soap - I love them!!) Thanks for the nice pics, too. You're putting me to shame seeing is how it took me three weeks to put the picture of your order up! :eek:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Great orders and your toys look awesome!!

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Nice toys, Amanda! You missed your calling (but don't ever stop doing the soap - I love them!!) Thanks for the nice pics, too. You're putting me to shame seeing is how it took me three weeks to put the picture of your order up! :eek:
:hehe: Don't even worry about the pictures!! I appreciate you getting them up, not even worried about the time ;)

Thanks (everyone) for the compliments on the toys! Definitely not gunna quit my day job as soap-maker. I look at the toys and think, "gosh, there is loads of variety and plenty to shred with a passion, but they aren't at all pretty or organized" :o: And of course, the birds don't care if their pretty so they sure serve their purpose! But I do appreciate the kind words, especially since I was sitting here putting the post together and thinking "I don't really *have* to include the pictures of the toys...DAH I guess I should!" :lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Fantastic toys, Grapefruit looks to be having a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.