• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Total fit? screams/flaps and settles CAG

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
One other thing, I think (after watching your video) you need to learn to cup the top of her head with your hand, place your fingers on the sides of her beak, and guide her with one hand while feeding with the other. She looks like she needs some guidance, she's just not getting the syringe close enough for a good solid bob and feed.
Normally I would- I wasnt actually trying to feed her- I just wanted to show to way she moves away from the syringe (except when there is water in it- she likes to watch it dribble down and she drinks- so she is not afraid of the syringe). She usually takes one bite- then screams and starts moving away. Right before the video, she was on my lap- but after one bite screams and refuses any more.

I tried mashed rice, rice water, peas, carrot, parsnip, sweet potato each alone, mixed, and with almond butter- even peanut butter. Doesnt like the flavor. She will eat the veggies and fruit in her cup, or while she is playing.... but doesnt want formula.

Im just confused.
I have never had issues before with any other parrot.