1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TOO many birds!!

Discussion in 'The Airport' started by Mark & Da Boyz, 7/31/18.

1. Mark & Da Boyz

Mark & Da Boyz Jogging around the block

Mark Nash
    I have gone from 4 birds last month to 7 at this time. I had Da Tielish Ones, Nibble, Piper and Dodger and Miss Riti, the Kakariki in four cages. Then I got Cheddar the GCC, in his own cage. 5 birds in 4 cages. But it wasn't too bad at least they were in one room and Dodger was itching to get in with Nibble and Piper in the Big House and he did so now I'm down to 3 cages.

Then a friend had to have a knee replacement done so I have her Tiel, Miss Moneypenny and English Budgie, Winston. They are each in their own cage and in the livingroom her as I didn't have enough room in the birdroon/computer room for them. So now I stand at 7 birds in 5 cages in 2 rooms. It use to take 15-20 minutes a day to deal with the mess not it's closer to 45 minutes.5

The biggest slob it Winston, the smallest make BY FAR the biggest mess. One thing I have learned from this is I have too many birds here. 5 is pushing what I can deal with so having 7 is a quick cure for MBS!

Last edited: 7/31/18
  2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Are the number of birds temporary?

Sylvester likes this.
  3. Sylvester

Sylvester Rollerblading along the road

Try cleaning out the litter boxes of seven cats.

webchirp and Mark & Da Boyz like this.
  4. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    :omg:

Sylvester likes this.
  5. Sylvester

I am teaching them to clean their own litter boxes.

SandraK and Mark & Da Boyz like this.
  6. Mark & Da Boyz

Mark & Da Boyz Jogging around the block

Mark Nash
    2 of them are, Moneypenny and Winston will be going home when Sly is home. Leaving me with 5. I can deal with them as the three Tiels are in one cage now, leaving Riti and Cheddar in their own cages. It's not so much thew number of cages or birds but having to clean 2 room every day that makes it a PITA.

webchirp, SandraK and Sylvester like this.
  7. MahaSarah

MahaSarah Walking the driveway

Maha
    MBS is for real haha. Good luck!

8. webchirp

webchirp Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Just take over mine for a week and you'll feel like you are on vacation...o_O

I'm not sure why I don't remember that quinoa and berry mix is the worst mess making meal for them...but normally I start out with "oooh, I'll make that, it's their favorite"

37964910_2015370718474528_2779372456496857088_n.jpg

of course it doesn't show the berry mess all over my shirt, cages and other things in the room...but an hour later with my handy dandy garden sprayer full of f10 and paper towels, it's reasonable. It was so messy I had to sweep before I could walk around changing bowls. :wacky:
    38023555_2015423921802541_895853564318973952_n.jpg

I do have a floor cleaner which is the bomb for this stuff but the birds have to be put away (they fear the evil beast). So I go the hard way so I don't skimp on their time out.

9. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    :blahblah: :feedpigeons: :marievacuums: :cleaningday: :sweep: :scrubfloors2: :mariecleans: :mop:

The smaller the bird the bigger the mess!

Sylvester, cassiesdad and webchirp like this.
  10. Theresa

Theresa AKA TMS Administrator Chief of Police Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

:eeeek::lol:

What floor cleaner do you have?

webchirp likes this.
  11. webchirp

webchirp Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Last edited: 8/1/18
    Sylvester, hrafn and Theresa like this.
  12. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    Son James has actually taught his cat, Madison, to go potty in the toilet. Now she needs to learn how to flush ...

Sylvester and webchirp like this.
  13. Sylvester

That's pretty amazing.

14. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    I have two vet techs clean for two hours every saturday.

webchirp likes this.
  15. teresa A Vigil

teresa A Vigil Moving in

teresa vigil
    i have 6 kids5-6-7-9-13, 24 ( younger four are adopted ) 8 budgies, two tiels, green cheek and goffin. My human kids are worse than the birds. when i make dinner with rice, geez. The thing with anything that is messy you clean clean clean, i used to houseclean so i love it , my birds are facinated when i clean too, so strange.

SandraK likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)