• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TOO friendly with his paper

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
So Mo has been trying to regurg for my fingers. No biggie. But I would think he's too young.
Today he got VERY friendly scooting around on the green strip of paper he was chewing. He was clicking his happy little way along on a circle On Top ... rubbing on his green paper. At not yet seven months old I would think he's too young for this.
Am I wrong?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
They all start practising before their time. Not uncommon.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
:coffeescreen:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:embarassed:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
If it makes you feel any better, Sherbie started pretty young too (maybe 6 months or so). I thought she was a boy for 2 years till one day there was an egg.

Rolanda

The funny thing is he was Clicking at me all morning, when I put my hand on him he stopped. He hadn't clicked at me in months.
I put him in his cage for a few hours in the morning. He can't be out while Beaks is out down stairs because he is too friendly and Beaks wants NOTHING to do with him. I brought him upstairs to let him play and fly in my bedroom with me and the play stand. I let him play in, on and under a shoe box and gave him some colored paper strips. He REALLY likes the long green one.

Rolanda

They all start practising before their time. Not uncommon.
One more question John... ANYONE,
Does bitey behavior go along with the 'practice'? He is biting me non-stop. Like someone flipped a light switch. He wants to be with me but is biting my hands constantly. I have only seen 'the other' behavior the one time. I am trying to get him to bed a little earlier, figuring a little extra sleep will help. Any other tips? (I am calling him Little t*rd bird for the moment-He's horrible!)

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I had a lovie for 21 years and would say yes.
The biting was a usual thing when he was hormonal.

Rolanda

I had a lovie for 21 years and would say yes.
The biting was a usual thing when he was hormonal.
But isn't he too young for "hormonal" at 7 months? I took 'practicing' to mean... just messing around with the new found sensation. (I am so proud of how PC I'm being:D)

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
It was so long ago, I don't remember when he started.
I do recall at some point broccoli flowerette was involved....

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
One more question John... ANYONE,
Does bitey behavior go along with the 'practice'? He is biting me non-stop. Like someone flipped a light switch. He wants to be with me but is biting my hands constantly. I have only seen 'the other' behavior the one time. I am trying to get him to bed a little earlier, figuring a little extra sleep will help. Any other tips? (I am calling him Little t*rd bird for the moment-He's horrible!)
Luna went through a phase like this at about the same age, or maybe a touch older. Lasted a month or two, and she went back to being my sweet girl directly after. Nothing much for it but patience. She was also an early bloomer, and regurgitated for me at about 4 months. At 5 or 6 months, she was giving Ani all the signs that she was ready to go.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy was early too. She found a fleece blanket to her liking at 6.5 months. Shes since divorced the blanket and much to my husbands amusement (not) has moved on to his ball caps he leaves lying about or her jingle bell ball. I dont judge....
And yes when shes in a serious humpsession obsession...shes extra nippy.

Rolanda

Interesting enough; Saturday I took both into the vet and had their nails clipped. He's not so nippy anymore for the time being. He is having a hard time gripping without those little needle sharp hooks, Maybe he figures he needs me and had better cool it! :arghh::lol: