• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Too Epic Houdini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Annie
So today earlier in the day Houdini came off his cage to play a bit. Hes scaring me a little because he insists on going after my toes, but after I prop them up all is fine. He retired early the first time today but then later my boyfriend decided to play with Houdini and started getting his attention with a sock. After a bit Houdini came closer and closer to Chris when Chris said he was moving because he didnt trust Houdini and went to the bed. I continued to play with Houdini and took my socks off cause come to find out Houdini wanted the socks on my feet. Well after a bit of prying I got houdini to hop up on my hand (he had already hopped up on my leg earlier with out my asking him to) and started to pet him before he wanted up on my shoulder. Instead of taking him to his cage I took him to other places in the house he had never been to before. I took him in front of an large oval mirror where he started staring at himself in the mirror and ducking down and bobbing back and forth ooking at himself with his crown up. When I told him he was sexy or a pretty bird, he'd bob more. :hehe: so finally I started with this rediculous song I made up for him and he started dancing to it when I started singing, " Who Let The Dogs Out" I'd sing the "Who Let The Dogs Out?" part and Houdini would bark exactly like the guy that barks on the song. By the time he got done I was laughing so hard I was crying and Houdini didnt help by laughing and meowing.:rofl: So all in all it was an epic day. Just wish I would have gotten it on video. By the time we found my phone, he had noticed what was going on and stopped barking. Oh well! I guess better luck next time! :D:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
This is so exciting!!! He is making such strides!! Sounds like you two had a great day!

Banshee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Annie
thanks :) and he seems to be warming up quite fast. Im hoping if I can get him to become used to us then Peanut will see I am not going to hurt her and start to slowly come to me. I know shes going to take time and patience and she may never change, which is fine but I have to at least try :) Btw what a cute baby!

Banshee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Annie
not a problem! :D I love em when they are that size :) I have a lady that takes care of my birds nails and wings and she hand feeds and raises babies and I just love going in there to watch them and hold them when theyre old enough. I :heart: birds XD

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he sounds like a riot!!!!!

Banshee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Annie
He is when he wants to be. Today was a minor set back day. He came down to play but was a bit more tempermental. Its all good though he still played though he insists on taking after my socked feet o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.