• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tomorrow’s Breakfast

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
image.jpg
It’s late here 10:30 PM, but I decided to go ahead and make tomorrow’s breakfast for the birds. Right now they’re munching on late night pellets and millet. So far, the meal contains chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, peas, and even water chestnuts. Probably going to add some more stuff tomorrow. And it was the first time using our new chopper, and it worked very well! Only I ended up cutting myself with the blade when I was washing it. But overall, a meal done, a product tested, and I escaped with minor injuries. I think I’ll live. :p

And guess what?! For once, just once, my dad and sister didn’t give me a weird look when they found out the chopped veggies were for the birds. Hey, it may not sound like much, but this is progress, my friends. In their mind, some seed and a toy will suffice. Not here! They’ve got to get used to cooking for the birds, and the never ending crafting supplies for bird toys. Hopefully one day they’ll be cooking food with the birds in mind.

And sometime this week I want to try out cooked quinoa (now I will be given a weird look for that).

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If only everyone fed their budgies like you do! What lucky boys to have you as their mama :loveshower: