• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today My Budgie is, has, had, did???????

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
My sister's budgie, Loopy, is well... Loopy xD he's a little yellow and green budgie, and he's a complete clutz. He regularly falls into boots or shoes, curiosity got the better of him, and he climbed into a large wide mouth water container and couldn't get back out (no water was In the bottle) so he was just peering out, his head and eyes looking magnified. He's madly in love with Q-tips and carries them around, and he chases the swifter sweeper when we use it, if he "catches" it, he climbs up an sits there (on the flat sweeping part) and proceeds to go for a ride around the house while someone is trying to sweep up xD he's a "special" kind of budgie, but an adorable bugger none the less.

Last edited:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
My sister's budgie, Loopy, is well... Loopy xD he's a little yellow and green budgie, and he's a complete clutz. He regularly falls into boots or shoes, curiosity got the better of him, and he climbed into a large wide mouth water container and couldn't get back out (no water was In the bottle) so he was just peering out, his head and eyes looking magnified. He's madly in love with Q-tips and carries them around, and he chases the swifter sweeper when we use it, if he "catches" it, he climbs up an sits there (on the flat sweeping part) and proceeds to go for a ride around the house while someone is trying to sweep up xD he's a "special" kind of budgie, but an adorable bugger none the less.

He sounds like a funny character. :D

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Oh he is xD he's a complete goofball, although he absolutely hates baths, being misted or in a bowl, my sister even tried letting him run around the shower, which he loves doing with the setting on light misting and he proceeds to find the spot where he can stay dry :D goof.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Oh he is xD he's a complete goofball, although he absolutely hates baths, being misted or in a bowl, my sister even tried letting him run around the shower, which he loves doing with the setting on light misting and he proceeds to find the spot where he can stay dry :D goof.

How old is he?

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
He's four, we rescued him when he was 2 from the humane society.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
He's four, we rescued him when he was 2 from the humane society.

Wow you really got a great bird especially for a 2 year old budgie. Maybe his original owners played with him often and helped this bird be social and outgoing which helped him adapt so well to your family. :)

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Yeah :) It's actually a sad story, his owner was an elderly lady who passed away, and none of the family could take the bird because they either didn't have the time for him or had too many pets already. He fits in really well and loves the two Linnies :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Yeah :) It's actually a sad story, his owner was an elderly lady who passed away, and none of the family could take the bird because they either didn't have the time for him or had too many pets already. He fits in really well and loves the two Linnies :)

Awwwe nice you gave him a good happy home. :)

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Yeah :) he's very tame, you can do anything to him, turn him on his belly, he hangs upside down from your finger, and he talks.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Well its official dandelion greens are the tylenol 3's and anti-inflamatory drug of nature, either that or some sort of budgie CRACK. The last week SPX'ter has been a moody fart not singing or saying anything especially in the wee hours of the AM when he's usually screaming. Oh and forget about getting him out of the cage to fly around and have some exercise. He has been a moody grumpy frumpy budgie.

This morning I gave him a pile of dandelion greens and now he won't shut up. I guess a moulting budgie needs a little pick me up to make him feel a little perky, I'm glad he's flying around like a yahoo and being noisy. :)

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Aw <3 he loves his dandelion greens, it's his dandy-candy!

Loopy is super fussy, unfortunately and only eats broccoli, tomatoes and a few other veggies. He's a little rascal really.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Aw <3 he loves his dandelion greens, it's his dandy-candy!

Loopy is super fussy, unfortunately and only eats broccoli, tomatoes and a few other veggies. He's a little rascal really.

Funny how they like certain types of veggies and not others, do you notice that Loopy doesn't enjoy veg at certain times of the year?

SPX hates corn on the cob in the winter time, I guess he knows its not freshest or its a hothouse corn but in the summertime he just buzzes through the stuff.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
5:54 am start of sunrise so the den looks like it has a bit of daylight. Even with blinds closed tight and a dark cover on SPX's cage I hear some chirp, chirp chirps that start to build to loud bloody bone chilling SCREECHES, saying " I'M UP CAN YOU HEAR ME? BLEEEP BLEEEEP" then quiet chirps again.

One of my eyes open so I see a blurry faint light beyond my blinds and can hear SPX having a little chit chat with a robin who's calling to the entire city that is morning time, time to get up and get that early damn worm. I'm sure my neighbors can hear SPX as well as that stupid freaking robin.

I stumble down the stairs and remove the cover over the beasty birds cage. "HERE! here's your fresh water and some yummy bloody broccoli BEHAVE!" Then I collapse on the sofa in the den where SPX continues to BLEEP BLEEP loudly at every damn bird that flies by the large window. A lot of birds fly by the damn large window every morning as they are heading to the lake for water. :mad:

Ear plugs in place I close my eyes to try and sleep in a little. NOPE, the BLEEP BLEEP Monster is in full throttle, "I see birds flying outside, "Why am I not flying outside? Why don't they hear me call?" No worry I will keep calling to them."

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash: