• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To much urine in stool

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
So lately Echos droppings have been very, very watery. Its not diarrhea because the actual poo part is solid and in a long wormy form. Is that normal. The color is brown sometimes a greenish brown. and the urine is clear but sometimes I notice it has an almost translucent yellow color. His morning, first of the day, poo is not watery and is a deep green. It always has been. When he eats more pellets his poo is a small swirl with little urine and more urates and feces. Urates are always white.

He is pooing a lot lately. He has pooed his watery poo twice in the last 4 minutes.

His diet:

In the morning he gets a bird mash. The ingredients are : yams, carrots, kale, cucumber, peas, red pepper, green pepper, blueberry, strawberry, and something else that im forgetting.

for the rest of the day he has roudybush pellets and a handful of seed.

Today on the other hand, I didnt give him his mash but some celery, cucumber, corn, peas, carrots, and apple. He didnt eat the celery but ate little of everything else.

What could this mean???

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Fruit and veggies with high water content will make thier poo a little more runny. Colored ones will change the color of thier poo. Too many carrots and they poo orange!

Maybe a picture of the ones you are worried about may help track down an issue.

Heather F

Yeah, if he's been eating a lot of fresh food with high water content that extra water has to go somewhere. If he's still giving you juicy poops even when he hasn't had fresh stuff recently (or bathed - Frodo always ends up drinking extra water when he has a bath) then go ahead and worry, but if it's just after he's been eating cucumber or whatnot I wouldn't be too concerned.

P.S. you probably already know this but just make sure if you give him celery again that you've pulled the strings off

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Thank you for responding. I know about the celery string thing but thanks again for reminding me. He doesnt really like celery so i dont think i will give it to him again. Ill try and get a picture of his droppings. Tomorrow i wont give him a lot of fresh food and see if his poo is still filled with urine.