• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To introduce Toothie here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braekedaun

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Matt
Here is a quick vid of Tooth, our scaly resident of the downstairs. He growls at all who enter the animal room.

He's grown a fair amount since we got him, but only recently after I put him in this big thing (30 something sqare foot, and it holds about 80 gallons of warm water). :cool:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is really cool! How big is he now? I think their faces are so cute :)

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
at last measurement he was 23 inches and 750 grams.

He IS cute, especially when he;'s growling to defend his room!

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
I love toothie! We deff need those pictures of how you built his set up and stuff, if you dont mind :). I found them really interesting!

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
I'll try to find some pics of when it was built ....

AJ, he can fully jump his body (with tail) length out of the water! The water is about a foot and a half deep there, so he just sunk down a bit, probably kicked off the bottom, and swung that powerful tail a few times till he came airborne!

I've got a bunch of guppies in there whose worlds get destroyed every time he decides to fly!

You have to watch hanging fingers over the edge - he hasnt got any yet, but I've seen that look in his eyes!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Awesome!!!! :) :) My boyfriend is gaga over caiman, but I have seen some of the nasty bites that those guys can give, lol.

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
fer sure!

When I was nibbled on when he was younger and smaller, it felt like a framing hammer (20 ouncer!) with nails on it hit my hand. It bruised all around the puncture wounds. I dont make that mistake anymore if I can help it, I have a welders glove that I get wet if I need to grab him (which I dont do often).

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Have you and your Boyfriend been to Aquatic Critter over on Nollensville Pike? Its only about 20 minutes away from MTSU and they have several caimen in their for your boyfriend to gaga over ;)
Awesome!!!! :) :) My boyfriend is gaga over caiman, but I have seen some of the nasty bites that those guys can give, lol.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Owchie!
fer sure!

When i was nibbled on when he was younger and smaller, it felt like a framing hammer (20 ouncer!) with nails on it hit my hand. It bruised all around the puncture wounds. I dont make that mistake anymore if i can help it, i have a welders glove that i get wet if i need to grab him (which i dont do often).

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow very cool!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
growling toothie!! :hehe: cute! :)

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Have you and your Boyfriend been to Aquatic Critter over on Nollensville Pike? Its only about 20 minutes away from MTSU and they have several caimen in their for your boyfriend to gaga over ;)
Yep, I go over there every month or so to get crickets and snake supplies. For a while I was on a first name basis with them over there, lol, until I started ordering frozen mice in bulk through Rodentpro. They have a really nice selection of animals, that is for sure!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
he's adorable! I think its amazing how they can jump. How big will he be once he reaches his adult size?

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
So neat. We sure do need some more pictures of him!

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
He's really really cool! :D

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
Thanks!

Emily, I dont know. If he were a normal spectacled caimen, he could grow to about 6 feet long, but he was very sickly when we got him, and he didnt grow at all for about 5 years, but he's grown a fair amount since I've put him in his new enclosure (from 450 to 750 grams in about a year).

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
oh i never realized he was that old already, lol!

well, he`s a cutie, thats for sure!

Braekedaun

Real Name
Matt
it IS funny, I dont have any clue how old he is. He COULD have been a few years old by then or more, depending on conditions he was kept in.

Thanks everyone! He continues to chomp mice and menace guppies from day to day, and growl at all who enter the animal room. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.