• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TNT Halloween Spooktacular Sale!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oops...I just realized that the Halloween page was not working! It should be up and ready and I went ahead and did 10% the whole site, including the Halloween toys. No 10% off Alex toys or raffle tickets though. And the raffle ticket for every $10 spent is based on the price spent before the discount, not after.

TNT Toys - Halloween Spooktacular will take you directly to the Halloween toys where there are descriptions about what the toys are made of, the size, and the price. I can also list that here if anyone wants me to. The discount will show up in the cart when you check out.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Could you give us an idea of the size of the new spooktacular items? Of course, I want them all but I could see some of my birds thinking that the Mother Lode might be there to eat them ...:rolleyes:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Could you give us an idea of the size of the new spooktacular items? Of course, I want them all but I could see some of my birds thinking that the Mother Lode might be there to eat them ...:rolleyes:
Oh come on now Sandra...I thought those GCCs were fearless!:) I'll write more about each item as soon as I finish lunch!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Ok, here's a quick synopsis on the Halloween guys:

Mr. Pumpkin - $15

He's a huge six inch unpeeled willow ball. When I say big I mean BIG! Ask Merlie or Shyra, I sent them each one of the balls because I couldn't believe how big the balls were when I first got them!:) He's stuffed with all sorts orange crinkle paper. His eyes and nose are made with 1/8 inch wide pine wood triangles that are about 3/4 of an inch on each side. His mouth is made of palm frond, about a 1/2 inch in diameter and probably about a four inches long. His stem is a piece of balsa wood about 2.5 inches tall and about a 1/2 inch in diameter. The vines that are coming out of his stem are curly spring vines from Kathie's My Safe Bird Store (a little advertising there!). There is hemp going through him from the bottom all the way through the stem for hanging and he comes with a nickel plated pear quick link.

I would think that he would be good chewing for most small birds from my Linnies, to Budgies to Cockatiels to Conures, etc. He would make good company for medium sized birds too but might not last as long!:) I wouldn't hesitate to give him to any of my birds but he might only make it a day or two, depending on who got him!:rofl:

pumpkin.jpg

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Cardboard Spider Fantasy - $15

Ok, this toy is one that will be showing up again as a non-holiday toy with different decorations! It is making it's debut in the Halloween Spooktacular!:) It's basically corrugated cardboard that is rolled up and looks like a football. From top to bottom, it is about nine inches long. It is thickest in the middle with a diameter of about four to four and a half inches and about two inches in diameter on each end. There is glue in it to keep it together but I've been assured by the manufacturer that it is pet friendly! It has a 3/16 inch cotton string running through the middle of it to hang it by and comes with a nickel plated pear quick link to hang it up. The plastic spiders adorning it are about two and a half inches wide and are attached with thin hemp. I have given this toy to Kishka RB2 and Abigail YCA and they both ADORE it! It's meant for chewers and is probably best for those who like to really, really chew in the smaller category (Conures), those in the middle category (greys, Amazons) who are ok chewers, or the lazy category of chewers in the bigger categories (larger Macs).

large_cardboard.JPG

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Boo-Tastic Cardboard Dream - $10

This is another corrugated cardboard toy that will be showing up on the regular list with different accessories at some point. It is ten inches long and about three inches in diameter and also has a bit of glue to keep it all together. The spiders, skulls, and bats on it are smaller and plastic, probably about a half inch in size and attached on the top and bottom with thin hemp. 3/16 inch cotton rope is strung through it to hang it and a nickel plated pear quick link is used to hang it up. Also a toy for chewers. This is currently sitting in Nibble's LCA cage as well as Tuchie's TAG cage. Nibbles is slowly working on it and Tuchis is of course, terrified of it...it's Halloween time, what do you want from me?:D I'd say it's best for extreme chewers in the small to medium sized department.

small_cardboard.JPG

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
All-Hallow's Ghost - $7

This little guy is definitely little and probably best for the little guys. His head is made up of a three inch, very tightly woven unpeeled willow ball. His ghostly body is a honeycomb paper that I also now have in white as well as the plain kraft paper. His eyes are small pine wagon wheels (about 3/8" in diameter) and mini pony beads held on with thin hemp. He is strung with large hemp and comes with a nickel plated pear quick link for hanging. His body also contains small plastic bats that hang on to him for the ride (about 3/4" in length).

ghost.JPG

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Very cute! :laughing12:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
The Itsy Bitsy Spider - $9

Itsy is made out of a four inch unpeeled willow ball and like the other willow balls, he's very, very heavily entertwined...so entertwined that sticking cool black crinkle paper in him was not going to happen.:) His eyes are half inch pine wagon wheels with black pony beads in the middle all held on with thin hemp rope and his legs are large hemp each tied onto his body with half inch pine wagon wheels for feet. He is also strung up with large hemp and includes a nickel plated pear quick link for hanging. He's probably best suited for the smaller birds too or the less destructive meduim sized birds who aren't afraid of spiders and things that go bump in the dark...this rules out Tuchis TAG!:rofl:

spider.jpg

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
The UFO Foot Toy - $2.50

These guys are here to stay and just making their debut at the Haloween Spooktacular. They are also the corrugated cardboard and have a small plastic ball in the middle of them with a small plastic bell in the middle of the ball so they make a cute sound when shaken. There is no metal in them at all. The total diameter of the toy is about three and a half inches and they are meant to be shredded. They're probably a bit big for the smaller birds to hold and the bigger birds will probably make mintz meat out of them in seconds. I gave one to Tuchis and he loved shredding it to pieces but it is a toy that is meant to be destroyed and didn't last a very long time. We were left with a great little ball that Tuchis liked to play with and bomb the chicken with afterwards!:)

ufo.jpg

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
And finally, the Halloween Mother Lode. I think most people are familiar with our Mother Lodes. We take eight plastic golf balls and some large hemp and tie a bunch of shaped pony beads (butterflies, flowers, hearts, and stars) to the hemp and then to the golf balls. Then we take some specialty beads and attach them to four more golf balls to make the top of the toy. These are affixed to the top of a plastic baseball and the other eight golf balls are attached around the middle. Stainless steel chain is then run through the middle of the baseball and affixed at the bottom with a pacifier and two washers and a stainless quick link at the top.

The Halloween Mother Lode is based on this principle but the beads we choose are all purple, black, and orange and the specialty beads we use on the four top beads are bats, black cats, witches, and pumpkins to round out the season!:) There are lots of pictures of it with different birds from Alida's Linnies to Danita's grey to Dawn's Goffin's and Merlie's Hahnsies. I'm sure if we asked them really nicely, they would probably post pictures of them here! Anyone with pictures of our Mother Lodes with your birds, would you post here? I know I have a few that I haven't gotten up on the web site yet because I'm so worn out...sigh...

hml.JPG

Last edited:

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those UFO's are adorable. I have one for Harley and haven't wanted to give it to her because it's too cute. I'll see if I can't get pics of her with it this weekend and let you know how long it lasts. It's a perfect foot toy for a bird that loves cardboard. Just too darn cute to let them chew it up.:D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Those UFO's are adorable. I have one for Harley and haven't wanted to give it to her because it's too cute. I'll see if I can't get pics of her with it this weekend and let you know how long it lasts. It's a perfect foot toy for a bird that loves cardboard. Just too darn cute to let them chew it up.:D
What about the other cardboard ones? Have you divvied out any of those yet or are you hoarding those too?:rofl: I have to say, seeing Abi hanging upside down from the football one was hilarious!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I said I would post a picture of one of Jen's halloween toys she's selling. TNT Toys - Halloween Spooktacular She sent me one of the bases for her Cardboard Spider Fantasy toys and to be honest I've been reluctant to give it to my birds. It's a great toy but looking at it I was sure once the first layer of cardboard was removed or if they just worked on one section from top to bottom the whole thing would fall apart. I was so wrong. This toy is great and worth every penny Jen is asking for it. More than surpassed my expectations. Giz goes through an average of 30-50 2x2x1 inch blocks every day depending on the other parts mixed in with them. He is a true toy connoisseur in every sense. I gave the toy to Giz Saturday evening along with a toy that has three 3” wreaths and three of the extra large alphabet blocks on it and another toy on the other side of the cage that had some wood blocks and plastics on it. This is what I found when I uncovered his cage Sunday morning. The cardboard did not fall apart and no the layers are not glued together. Giz continued to work on it all day yesterday along with a couple other toys and it finally bit the dust sometime before I uncovered him this morning. I'm so impressed with this toy. Not many last Giz more than a couple of hours and it just seemed to go on forever even though Giz was constantly chewing on it. I think my little grey girl would also love one. She keeps grabbing the UFO foot toy until I grab the camera then she drops it so I wasn't able to get a picture of her with it but it's definitely a hit with her too.

Gizwithtoy.jpg

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I said I would post a picture of one of Jen's halloween toys she's selling. TNT Toys - Halloween Spooktacular She sent me one of the bases for her Cardboard Spider Fantasy toys and to be honest I've been reluctant to give it to my birds. It's a great toy but looking at it I was sure once the first layer of cardboard was removed or if they just worked on one section from top to bottom the whole thing would fall apart. I was so wrong. This toy is great and worth every penny Jen is asking for it. More than surpassed my expectations. Giz goes through an average of 30-50 2x2x1 inch blocks every day depending on the other parts mixed in with them. He is a true toy connoisseur in every sense. I gave the toy to Giz Saturday evening along with a toy that has three 3” wreaths and three of the extra large alphabet blocks on it and another toy on the other side of the cage that had some wood blocks and plastics on it. This is what I found when I uncovered his cage Sunday morning. The cardboard did not fall apart and no the layers are not glued together. Giz continued to work on it all day yesterday along with a couple other toys and it finally bit the dust sometime before I uncovered him this morning. I'm so impressed with this toy. Not many last Giz more than a couple of hours and it just seemed to go on forever even though Giz was constantly chewing on it. I think my little grey girl would also love one. She keeps grabbing the UFO foot toy until I grab the camera then she drops it so I wasn't able to get a picture of her with it but it's definitely a hit with her too.

View attachment 158169
Man, he is SO CUTE! He barely even put a dent in it! Tuchis is afraid of his too...the skinny one. I had the world's worst headache on Sunday, but I plan to take it out and drill some holes in it and put some almonds on it...that should get the little grey snot's attention!;)