• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tiny wing flaps?

CupcakeKeator

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
hey guys!

So my green cheek does these tiny little wing flaps when we cuddle. I've saw some people reference them as heart wing flaps? I consider them more of little wing flicks.

I'm asking is it okay that's he's doing that while we cuddle? Or is this a sexual response to our cuddling. He does it while he's sleeping on my shoulder. Or while he's cuddling in my hand. I'm worried if I should discourage this behavior and put him down after he does this. Or if it's completely normal.

IMG_7082.JPG
(Please don't mind my Saturday morning grunge. Wanted to give an example of how we cuddle. This is when he usually does his little wing flicks)

Any opinions/advise/suggestions are more than welcome. Still a new bird mama here!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:dreamyeyes:Our Pistachio used to do that, too, and sometimes Scott does. I never really gave it much thought since they always seem relaxed and not worked up at all. I hope someone more knowledgeable will tell us, but I hope it's nothing more than being comfortable. :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Boca does it as well. I always felt it was because he was happy and wanted to feel his wings and body on my skin. I don't feel it is sexual, but I do feel it is social. Enjoy his cuddles.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentine does that at nap time or snuggle time.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
why do you try & look like a duck "pouting":hehe:
She's probably making kissy face for her pet bird , why does it matter so much :p Lol. Cupcake you are beautiful btw =) Have a nice day !