1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tiny 'Tiel

Discussion in 'Highway to Heaven' started by hrafn, 3/12/19.

1. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    I am sorry for your loss.

3. Cynthia & Percy

Cynthia & Percy cockatoo mania Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

cynthia
    i am so sorry for your loss

4. KatelynDeanne

KatelynDeanne Rollerblading along the road

Katelyn
    Aww Im so sorry :( I wonder what happened to her too. She sure was sweet. My sympathy to you my dear :hug8:

SquawksNibbles likes this.
  5. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    Oh no! I was so excited when I saw this thread. Poor @hrafn I know she meant a lot to you. :sadhug: She meant so much to all of us.
    I'm glad this sweet soul left this world warm, loved and with a full crop. The best months of her short life. :heart: You gave that to her.

6. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Immediate assumption from vets is that it was sarcocytosis. I've never even heard of that before.

They reassured me that it's not contagious, but I spent the last few hours disinfecting everything anyway.

I'm in pieces.

7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    Oh my, I’ve never heard of that either! It’s a parasite from what I saw? I wonder where that came from. I’m so sorry.
    :sadhug2:

SquawksNibbles, faislaq and Eloy like this.
  8. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

laurie
    Living outside for as long as tiny tiel did, its not surprising at least to me. The Turk the little budgie that flew into my apt had feather mites, worms and god knows what else. He lived in the great outdoors for who knows long.

9. hrafn

Apparently it's from eating soil contaminated with possum feces, or carrier insects. I don't know how quickly it spreads, but I can only assume that she was infected while she was living outside.

10. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    I'm so sorry! This was really bad news. :sorrow:

SquawksNibbles, Shezbug and faislaq like this.
  11. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

So sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

SquawksNibbles likes this.
  12. Farlie

Farlie Rollerblading along the road

Rick
    Man, I hate it when that happens...

13. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Oh no!
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I can't believe it turned out this way :(
    I am so sad that her time with you was so short but I am also so thankful knowing that she would have finally known what love and home was thanks to your never ending efforts to catch and care for her :sadhug2:

SquawksNibbles, Eloy and SandraK like this.
  14. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    My heart broke when I saw the title of this thread in this part of the forum. :( I'm so, so terribly sorry for the loss of Tiny Tiel. :sorrow: You showed her so much love in the time you had her. I'm terribly sorry that the time you had with that little girl was so short, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the best time of her life. Many hugs to you. :bluhug: And thank you so much for being the wonderful person that you are and giving that girl a comfortable and loving home. It warms my heart knowing that she got to spend the rest of her life loved and in your care. :heart:

15. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    I am so sorry for your loss .

SquawksNibbles and Shezbug like this.
  16. hrafn

Autopsy confirms that it was sarcocytosis.

It feels a little better knowing it wasn't my fault, but I still feel like I failed. Maybe if I'd caught her sooner, maybe if she'd never been in my yard, maybe maybe maybe...

I just loved her so much. I was expecting her to be around for decades, hoping that she might form a bond with my snarky Kraz, wanting to give my one-legged little pirate a long and happy life.

I'm going to miss her forever, but I'm blessed to have known her.

17. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Eloy and SquawksNibbles like this.
  18. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    You gave her hope and a whole lot of love and care. I know it is heartbreaking for us humans when we're trying desperately to save a small life but I think that some of our hope and alot of our love does get across to the little one we are trying to help. It has to be better than cold, alone, hungry and afraid. You tried and so did your vet, sometimes higher powers have other plans for those we've tried to save. :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

CeciliaZ, Tiel Feathers, Eloy and 3 others like this.
  19. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Sprinting down the street

Natalie
    :sadhug2:

20. Cynthia & Percy

Cynthia & Percy cockatoo mania Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

cynthia
    i am so sorry for your loss

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)