• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Timid Baby Boy

Bruce & Karen

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bruce and Karen
Hey Gang,
We have a 5 month old boy who is afraid of EVERYTHING! Really need to find something to tempt him out of his cage so we can work with him. He is even afraid of a millet spray-suggestions?

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Your little one needs time to adjust to his new home.
Is he in a quiet room where you can sit and talk to him?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How long have you had him? Did he come from a breeder or a pet store?

Bruce & Karen

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bruce and Karen
Wendy & Michelle, thank you! He is in a quiet room. He came from Fly Babies by mail. They sent us a video of the owner having him step up with her kissing and cuddlng him. So... trumatic journey?

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Perhaps.
And it takes them time to get accustomed to their new home and new family.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Wendy & Michelle, thank you! He is in a quiet room. He came from Fly Babies by mail. They sent us a video of the owner having him step up with her kissing and cuddlng him. So... trumatic journey?
It's not the fault of of the shipper per se, but imagine being a tiny bird put in a carrier then going on a plane all by yourself with scary sounds and having scary giants look in at how cute you are and then go into a new home with new scary giants trying to give you new things. It would take me some time as well!

Can you post a picture of his cage setup? Where is he located in the room?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I would definitely give him time. It took Diego weeks before she would come out willingly and shes 10. Patience is going to be your best friend. Drop a treat in every time you walk by the cage. Sit by him and read or just talk to him. Just give him time

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentine came from a breeder in Texas and she was a frightened mess when I got her. I left her in her travel cage till she wanted to come out. So be patient, time helps. She was at the breeders when you saw her, she was content where she was, now her world is upside down. Give her some space