• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Timed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
I seem to get "Timed Out" really quickly and then it says unable to find web address when I try to log back in and have to seach through Google every time.
I was in the middle of a post, pressed post and it had timed me out.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I have had some time outs but use fire fox and have not had any problems getting back in on the resend i have not had any in some time are you getting them now or when it makes a difference :hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
there is a trick you can use that will help you out with a long post every so often do a preview post and it will cache you information while you work on you will have most of the information cached when you back up a screen after a time out :hug8:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
there is a trick you can use that will help you out with a long post every so often do a preview post and it will cache you information while you work on you will have most of the information cached when you back up a screen after a time out :hug8:
with a long post every so often do a preview post and it will cache you information while you work on you will have most of the information cached when you back up a screen after a time out
THAT is a GREAT tip!!!!!!!!!:dance4:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's a tip that I have used for ages :D First, make sure when you log in, to check the "remember me" box. Then, if you are going to be idle for awhile but dont want to lose your "new posts" or are in the middle of writing a long post, open a second window with "who's oline" (link is in the quicklinks at the top). Who's online refreshes periodically and will keep you active ;)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I have firefox and this doesn't happen to me.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Another tip is to "copy" your post before hitting the submit button. That way if something goofs ups your post will be on your clipboard and you can just paste it back in.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
John, that is what I do... Or when I'm writing a long post I'll copy it every so often just in case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.