• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time to say goodbye...

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Sky and Rowan have found their permanent home! While it breaks my heart to see them go, I know that the life that they will live in the next home will spoil them even more than mine.

Background story: Both were found in a disgusting pet shop - weakest out of all the thousand budgies crammed into that one cage. I took them and "rehabilitated them". The original plan was to keep them but I found a family that was looking for a pair of budgies to fit in with their family.

After a couple of chats and a few interactive sessions, it is time for me to let them go. I honestly wish I could keep them, but this family can give them more love than a single person could.

I'm trying to convince myself that 6 months/1 year of having a bird I won't be attached - but my heart just feels so heavy.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm sorry you have such a heavy heart. Hopefully they will give you an update and with that you will know you did the best thing for them. Hugs!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What you've done and what you're doing is so special on so many levels. Thank you for helping these precious two.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You did a really good thing. I know how hard it is to let them go but you did a really amazing thing. :)