• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time change? What's that?

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My cat has an internal clock that does not recognize the time change. She stands next to my bed and yowls very loudly for me to get up at 4:45am. It's going to be a long winter. :dead:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sunny does not recognize he time change either..........

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
omg, that's awful. my SO cat did that when he was allowed in the bedroom. I about had a mental breakdown from the lack of sleep. Didn't bother her a bit, but I'd get up and just sit outside and cry. Probably made it worse because I had just moved 2800 miles so we could be together and had never been terrorized by a pet before, lol.

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
What she wants is breakfast. I can't refuse. Unfortunately, I'm not the type of person who can just go back to bed after I get up to do something, either. This means that by the time anyone else gets up I'm already wide awake and all wired up -and no one is ready to deal with me yet LOL. Spoiled kitty has mama wrapped around her little paw and now the whole house suffers LOL.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
So why not set it out at night?

Loppy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jen
My cat has an internal clock that does not recognize the time change. She stands next to my bed and yowls very loudly for me to get up at 4:45am. It's going to be a long winter. :dead:
Acorn was like that for a while when we first got him. Every morning between 6:45 and 7:00, he'd come in for a snuggle in hopes of getting me out of bed. It didn't always work. Now, he bothers my mother at around 5:30 every morning to be fed. He doesn't always get what we wants, though, and he's learned that on our days off, we like to sleep in. He's also learned that a strategic attack will get us to bend to his will. :rolleyes:

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I created my own monster. She has dry food out all night, but what she wants is canned. She sounds like she's mortally wounded or dying when she yowls. LOL

5:45am was acceptable. 4:45am not so much. I'm too much of a softy to not let her get her way. :)

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Lol too bad you can't train her to feed herself