• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tiki is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starla21

Jogging around the block
I just can't believe people and their cruelness....or ignorance! I'm so grateful that Tiki's in your care:hug8:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
After a visit with Tiki where she wouldn't come out again, I went downstairs and she started screaming (again). I ran back upstairs to find one of the cats watching her. But I think the cat probably came to see what the racket was! :lol: But I closed the door & went back down, thinking the cat had upset her. But she still screamed. So I went back in, gave her more scritches and got her to come out. She stayed longer this time, so I got some better pix. Couldn't quite capture the colouring on her neck though as it looks like a little rainbow, with blue, purple and a hint of red. Will have to get her in full sunlight. You can see on the left side of her bottom beak, it is overgrown and needs a trim. I will have to take her in to have that done once she is more comfortable with me. I am uploading a video of her squeaking to YouTube. Will post the link later.
TikiJune2012-16.jpg
TikiJune2012-19.jpg
TikiJune2012-20.jpg
TikiJune2012-21.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Tiki is very beautiful and I love the photos, she has such a girlie look on her face. I'll have to admit that I had to look up pinioning :eek: and it sounds about as reasonable (to me) as nipping off the end joint of our fingers "to prevent us from getting up to mischief". :confused:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Tiki is very beautiful and I love the photos, she has such a girlie look on her face. I'll have to admit that I had to look up pinioning :eek: and it sounds about as reasonable (to me) as nipping off the end joint of our fingers "to prevent us from getting up to mischief". :confused:
I had to look it up too when I first saw her ad. I don't really like the idea even for geese, etc. Just seems like people are lazy and never want to deal with regular feather trimming! :(

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Here she is squeaking a little.
[video=youtube_share;xhltGyTh_Y4]http://youtu.be/xhltGyTh_Y4[/video]

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
This afternoon, I got her out and brought her onto the bed, put a towel on me and her on it. She ran straight up to my face to snuggle! She let me put one hand on her back for warmth and comfort and the other rubbing her neck, while her beak was pressed up against my face. :swoon: She is such a sweetie. My heart breaks for her and what was done to her. :( Such a sweet little soul. I reached for the camera and she went to my shoulder tucking herself against my hair. We snuggled for about 45 minutes and she would have gone on & on. She snuffled a lot - I assume this is the pi snarfle. If I hadn't read about it I would have been worried. The snuggle pix aren't great, no flash, towards the window, one hand, I have several extra chins (cropped me out :) ) but you get the idea.
TikiJune2012-24.JPG
TikiJune2012-25.JPG
TikiJune2012-28.JPG

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so freaking adorable! :heart:

qmichelle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
She is beautiful! And it sounds like she has a home that loves her now already! :) :) :)

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Awww Jennifer, I think you've got yourself a "velcro-baby" and it hasn't even been a week :eek: She has YOU as equally trained as you have her :hehe: you over-protective parront you, coming running each time she calls (I'm one to talk... I'd do the same:hehe:).

You know, Jennifer, what she was doing on the video when you asked her what was wrong with her claw, eh? She was thinking of a way to wrap you around it :rofl::hehe::rofl::hehe::rofl:. And at least, figuratively, she has ALREADY succeeded. But you know, she DESERVES every drop of human(e) devotion she can get from you, and you're JUST the human to provide it. :heart: CONGRATULATIONS:heart: Keep the hugs, kisses, cuddles and scritches showered upon this sweetheart and you will have reaped what you have sewed with this angel:cloud9: You are her angel of mercy, given her past :heart:

starla21

Jogging around the block
She is such a doll and so grateful to you. She will make such a wonderful pet. Your love will heal her. I love cuddling with Kaeli and am glad that she's only known love and affection.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.